• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_pugz_1986

Thinking About Cage Fitting

m_pugz_1986

i have read the guide about fitting a OMP cage , and i dont see no where it says about cutting the dash or removing the light ?

Does this have to be done i have a 1993 phase two . but im quite sure the light will have to be removed ? Also what about the sunroof handle ? i have a air vacuum slidy type .

Thanks matty :)

Baz

Dash no as the OMP's are gash and come down before the dash, light and sunroof most probably. Try a search, has most likely been covered 12 and a half times before.

dave_gti

i have got a omp cage, look at my 205 on my website (in my sig) to see it, no it doesnt go through the dash, and i still have the light. the cage was already fitted in the car when i got it, and the sun visors are gone and the sunroof sliding piece has gone also. i hope this helps

Miles

It depends on the type of OMP cage I guess unless it's the std bolt in one which doesn;t need any dash mods

Stu

when i fitted my bolt in OMP, i had to remove the plastic covers that go over the sunroof drip rails/pipes on the inside, i also removed the light pod thing to make a little more room. The sunroof handle can stop though, other than that it goes in ok.

The trickiest part i found was getting the thing in the car, i ended up taking the steering wheel off and tipping it forward to get the front and back half in, and im pretty sure at one point one of the legs was poking through the sunroof! lol!

Sign in to follow this