• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Have My Eye On A 205

quagmire

As above but the car has failed its MOT on trailing arm bearing on one side. Is the beam as good as scrap or can I have it repaired? if so how much would it cost?

Cheers

M@tt

It depends on how badly the trailing arm shaft has worn through the bearing, it could have worn into the tube itself and knackered it, you wont know until you take it apart.

Cheapest/quickest thing to do would be to get a 2nd hand working beam (probbaly about £50 or so) to get you through the MOT then you can pull apart your bust one and repair it if its salvagable, and then fit it and sell the temp replacement one on.

If the beam was salvavgable your looking at approx £180 for parts then labour ontop of that if you want someone to rebuild it for you.

HTH

quagmire

Ok cool, wheres the best place to get a 1.6 axle from?

M@tt

its either going to be a local scrappy, or check on here in the for sale section or put a wanted post up.

I think someone is\was breaking a 1.6 on here and also on ebay i'm sure there's a 205 breaker over cheshire way also

Sign in to follow this