• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamVester

Crazy Matt Black Idea

AdamVester

some might just not have the time and might just have the attitude meh i can make more money doing other things...

still if i every want to change the color of the car i would just do it myself again i could afford to change my color every month by painting it if i wanted :)... if i ever want the car the right color i could just get another shell or do the prep work on this its not expensive to get an old beat up 205 with a good shell you can pick a good rolling shell up for £100 - £400 easy and just transfer the stuff over.

steve@cornwall
if a cars been done in shakey cans then i doubt it that its been prept right in the ist place and a good bodyshop wont want the hassle of all the flakey paint when sanding it down plus itll probly react with the new paint and a body shop wont want to strip all the matt black off the car as thatl cost a fotune,if you want your car matt black take it to a good bodyshop and have it done right,i cant believe any 1 would want to put any shakey can paint on ther 205,it just looks a mess,they just splat out everywer

Disagree, I'm afraid... Done mine about 18 months ago - no problem at all. Prep it right, splat it out then flat it, compound and polish :) Total cost of around 100 quid. auto bonnets was done about 12 months later. some work in progress pics in sig link which shows the splatter effect and what can be achieved with elbow grease and compound

DSC00108.jpg

AdamVester

yep its amazing how easy it is if you dare. if you want to practis get some cheap filler and an old dented door repair it spend ages on it and spray it up untill you get it right. i wouldnt just go spray or paint a car if you havent done anything like it befor. painting / spraying metal is differnt to a wall or plastic of paper. as long as you spend ages on the prep work and make sure its perfect befor you do anything you should be fine.

i should be able to get some pictures of the car striped down tommorrow if the weather isnt to bad.

um still undesided about the trim color should i blend the trim into the bodywork and keep it matt black aswells o it all matchs and run some silver inserts though or should i give it a gloss black finish with silter inserts like the picture of the 205 on page 4?

what you think everyone?

Edited by AdamVester

steve@cornwall
yep its amazing how easy it is if you dare. if you want to practis get some cheap filler and an old dented door repair it spend ages on it and spray it up untill you get it right. i wouldnt just go spray or paint a car if you havent done anything like it befor. painting / spraying metal is differnt to a wall or plastic of paper. as long as you spend ages on the prep work and make sure its perfect befor you do anything you should be fine.

i should be able to get some pictures of the car striped down tommorrow if the weather isnt to bad.

um still undesided about the trim color should i blend the trim into the bodywork and keep it matt black aswells o it all matchs and run some silver inserts though or should i give it a gloss black finish with silter inserts like the picture of the 205 on page 4?

what you think everyone?

Unblended matt black kit with gloss black inserts?

GLPoomobile

For once in my life, this ISN'T a piss take reply :D

If you are determined to go through with it, and want something a bit different, why not splatter the car with some different colours, i.e. flick the brush at it? You could also do stuff like hand prints too.

OK, it probably sounds totally naff, but this is a topic about painting a 205 matt black so taste doesn't really enter in to it, does it? :lol:

AdamVester

well i just took al the paint of the 205 and it looks awsome with no trim and paint lol. i took it down to its old undercoat anymore and i wuold see metal!! took me 5hs by hand with £6's worth of ali oxide paper from halfords (the yellow stuff) i still got a pack left aswell :lol:.

cant beleave how good the car looks ratted.. i will get pictures of it and show you all tommorrow its making me thinking about leaving it like it is and driving it about good rat look to it.

anyways yeah budget is £80 the paints only going to cost me £40 tops with some undercoat if i bother with it. (depends on what brand of paint i go for still unsure). the brush's and roller will probily cost a bit though.. should do it for under £80 easy.

Grim.Badger

I would go for gloss trim, although I guess that would cost you more.

I know you've already preped the car but try and leave as much of the original paint on as possible, you only need to key it to get new paint to stick and removing it just invites rust.

hodgy

well my rear 1/4's have been prepped only the doors and wings to go and it will be ready for paint. should be painted on the 8th march. ive got eccose plastic arches,gutman bumpers,carbon bonnet and boot. im hoping it looks good and if it doesnt ill just re paint it next month seen as all the paint and primer only cost £100 :lol:

AdamVester
well my rear 1/4's have been prepped only the doors and wings to go and it will be ready for paint. should be painted on the 8th march. ive got eccose plastic arches,gutman bumpers,carbon bonnet and boot. im hoping it looks good and if it doesnt ill just re paint it next month seen as all the paint and primer only cost £100 :lol:

you will have to upp some pics :( i wont be doing mine till a week later i got to order the paint.

hodgy

i will do. just having problems with the new rear window for my boot.once i sort the boot out im laughing. having a group effort on sunday to get it fitted.

just gotta get silly little things like new number plate sticker for the bonnet and think of some new decals to fit to the side once its done

Sign in to follow this