• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamVester

Crazy Matt Black Idea

AdamVester

Ok a friend of mine has just painted his car for £25 with a roller from instore he picked up for £3 it took him under 6 houres and it looks awsome its matt black (its a mk1 fiesta).

at the moment i got a few money issues and i cant afford a respay so i am thinking about doing what my friends done with my new 205. i have been repairing my 205 and trying to make the body work flawless. the problem is the doors a differnt color and the drivers sides been badly painted (well the doors the right color but it doesnt match the badly painted side) my boot and bonets got the good old peel going on aswel.. basicly the car just needs a respray and the engine and its finished.

my question to you all is has this been done befor has a car been painted by hand with a roller and a small brush in matt black?

my idea is basicly paint the whole car bumpers and rear bdages included. but on the rear badges actually write the works 205 on the top and GTI on the bottom in white chalk. the trim will be normal red all around..

has anyone got any pictures of a 205 or something simular looking in matt black? do you all think i am crazy and having a moment.

there are pictures of the 205 on my site www.adamvester.co.uk its under the projects section and in the GTI6 convershion directory.

thanks

welshpug

ugh noo! from what I've seen of the rest of the car its worth saving a little extra and getting it painted properly, treat the rust spots for now so that it doesn't get any worse and spend the £25 on something else (like maybe a complete door if you happen to find one in the right colour etc)

McDude

I used to be an Elise owner and there was a guy in the US who had painted his Exige matt black - it looked frickin' awesome, like some sort of stealth bomber. But that was a very expensive job, more to do than a gloss finish and it was apparently a pain to keep clean.

The way you describe will look like you did it with a roller - plus as much as I love my 205 (more than I loved my Elise), it is not an Exige and will never look like a stealth bomber.

AdamVester

lol McDude. welshpug the rest of the body is a differnt color to the door the doors actually graphite grey same as the car but the cars been painted not so long ago and its not a good job so the door looks lighter in color than the body :S. i am going to try repair the old door. what happend with the old door was it had a door skin and it rusted at the bottom i might be able to use some filler and paint and sort that out though.. the boot well i just need a new one really i muffed it up big time.

i just uploaded some pictures on my site of the work i done today and that messup i made.

Door:

http://www.another-site.net/adam/Projects/...Day3%20(11).JPG

Repair to Corner of door:

http://www.another-site.net/adam/Projects/.../Day3%20(3).JPG

http://www.another-site.net/adam/Projects/.../Day3%20(4).JPG

My Compleat mess up of a boot:

http://www.another-site.net/adam/Projects/.../Day3%20(5).JPG

Edited by AdamVester

kate205gti

d-9 painted his 106 and BMW in matt black and looks awsome :)

was done properly with a spray gun thou !! :D

AdamVester

anyone got any links to some pictures of the cars im really considering it as the engines comming out the car soon ready for the gti6 or mi16 when its out im painting the engine bay.

just found this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/363361.htm

i can see it looking awsome..

Edited by AdamVester

Atari Boy

The ‘old guard’ will not approve but I think that IF done properly will look rather good.

AdamVester

well i just been doing some reasearch into price's and stuff and i worked out i could do the car for £50 and make it look mint. but i have had an ever crazyer idea.

MATT PINK!!!

yep thats right pink.. i got 2 205's and if it goes wrong its not all bad as i got the other and i can just paint it again. so for a laugh i recon matt pink is a good idea pink car black bumpers and pink inserts with white alloys. should look interesting im going to make a photoshop of it tonight but i recon it would be a nice idea. wind a few of the boy racers up around the area anyway.

brianthemagical

It might look ok if you put some effort into a decent paint job, but you'd have to realy look after it and keep it clean. If it was lowered a fair wack then it's be ok, but you'd have to lower it loads which isn't ok. For £25 try it.

kate205gti

cool idea but u risk being called a raving homosexual wherever u go :D

i saw a cool pastel blue colour on a fiat the other day - matt electric blue would look cool - will find a pic! :)

GLPoomobile

Tell me this is a wind up, please!!

Chalked on badge lettering? What next? Use a condom as a header tank, a bell from a kiddies bike in place of the horn, and a hamster in a ball in place of the engine?

Gentrix

found a nice matt black one - but it is too smooth for my liking

post-5053-1203436898_thumb.jpg

post-5053-1203436918_thumb.jpg

post-5053-1203436931_thumb.jpg

AdamVester

yeah thats to smooth for me aswell take a look at this:

Pinky2.jpg

just created it in photoshop i did plan on cleaning up my work and giving you all the file so you could use it as a bases to change your pugs color!!! it had the trim seperate and the body seperate aswell as wheels and inserts all you would have had to do would be select the layer and colorize it to whatever.. but photoshop didnt save it as a project (my fault) :(.

oh well what you think i no its not matt pink but its a ruff idea.

Edited by AdamVester

tri_longer

Does this idea not fit into the "Rat Look" trend that is creeping onto the tuning scene.

At the end of the day, no one is likely to give it a scond glance until you boot it. Less likely to be pinched as well.

AdamVester

well thats another issue i have i hate being pulled over all the time!!! its doing my nut in. aload of racers hand around ware i work and sometimes when i finish the cops are outside and they always come over to my car and scan the plates and check my details its really anoying. i been pulled a few times just for "checkups". matt black with some banger stickers should put them off the 205 will be a sleeper for sure that i no im not going to shuv rally arches on it or mi16 badges or fancy grills. just want to paint it and make it look like a bag of crap so people make fun of it, i no its a nasty thing to make fun of a pug but once i boot it they wont be laughing :(.

Gentrix

the next best thing you can do is to cultivate your peeling laquer. Welcome every little scratch and go for the real and true patina-look.

I will have to do the same to mine, as I don´t see the point in a respray when the next idiot is going to scratch it again.

Some people just have no idea of property - and so I think my 205 will look like they won´t park near me so THEY don´t get scratched.

:(

andi

welshpug

Make it look like a minter and drive sensibly and the cops leave you alone Adam :(

M_R_205

I don`t normally read threads in the `body, interior and ice` section but when I saw the words `crazy matt black idea` I though a legend had been born! You have to do this it will look immense!!!! Anyone who says otherwise I jealous as they don`t have the balls to be that outrageous!! Iv seen the odd matt black Volvo and VW and they looked so good my eyes hurt!

P.S if anyone mentions the `extra drag` il throw my cup a soup at you!

Edited by M_R_205

cybernck

i hope these help :(.

post-4-1203441604_thumb.jpg

post-4-1203441618_thumb.jpg

post-4-1203441631_thumb.jpg

post-4-1203441642_thumb.jpg

post-4-1203441656_thumb.jpg

Atari Boy

Black yes, pink no.

Peetypug

there was a young lad that lived across from me,

he matt blacked his corsa diesel

it didnt look too bad

but every time he washed it he had to get his CAN of matt spray paint out and touch the paint up where it washed off :(

AdamVester

cybernck you are a god thank you so much thats perfect!!! matt black with mat black bumpers and trim to match with white alloys and silver or white inserts it is :(

Gentrix
i hope these help :ph34r:.

this is pretty close to outragous. :(

damien

not too sure myself, would have to see one in persion to decide

brianthemagical

don't even think about it being pink. if you don't want to gt hasseld by the police, the only thing to do is drive a normal car, not a matt black or rat look one, but i've never been pulled over at all in mine, and it's A1 and driven sensibly. matt black does look good, but only if done properly and theres a reason why paint jobs cost so much. it will only work if it looks good and can be appreciated, not if it looks shonky or rat look. 205's arn't that fast, and racing on public roads is illegal and the need to outrun people isn't necesary, not to say i havn't done it.

personally i'm for the origional or rather good mods but it's your car, if you like the matt black, as i do, then go for it, just no chalk.

edited to say that if you did want to use chalk, it isn't water proof.

Edited by brianthemagical

Sign in to follow this