• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

106 Fuel Filter - Which One?

GLPoomobile

As a few others have done recently, I want to fit a smaller 106 fuel filter on my Mi, but there are two options on Servicebox:

1567 86 - until date 19951002 - £18.44

1567 93 - after date 19951002 - £10.93

Is there any significant difference between the two? All I need is for it to flow enough and to have ends that accepts 8mm (5/16") ID hose. I'll go with the cheaper one if there's no difference.

Sandy

That looks like the Phase 1/2 changeover, but AFAIK, either's good.

ablister

it'll just have different style connectors. One will have the quick release conenctors and the other will have the rubber hose and fuel clips.

i have lots of genuine petrol fuel filters that i receive in service kits that i never use that you are welcome to if you pay P+P

Edited by ablister

GLPoomobile
it'll just have different style connectors. One will have the quick release conenctors and the other will have the rubber hose and fuel clips.

i have lots of genuine petrol fuel filters that i receive in service kits that i never use that you are welcome to if you pay P+P

That's very kind of you :unsure: I'll drop you a PM. For the sake of the topic, can you or anyone else explain what these quick release connectors are? I've got stainless steel braided fuel hose with proper hose clips and those rubber fittings that keep the hose tidy.

Mikey S
That's very kind of you :lol: I'll drop you a PM. For the sake of the topic, can you or anyone else explain what these quick release connectors are? I've got stainless steel braided fuel hose with proper hose clips and those rubber fittings that keep the hose tidy.

basically they look similar to that clip on the left hand of this pic. there designed to be unclipped easily and quickly but thats never usually the case :unsure:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/pugger/pump_removal.jpg

mike

ablister

as above really. Just 2 buttons that release the connector from the filter instead of the rubber hose sliding over the filter and being secures with fuel/jubilee clips.

c_r_thomson

So which filter is the one with the rubber hose/jubilee fitting the older one or the cheaper one? :)

Mikey S
So which filter is the one with the rubber hose/jubilee fitting the older one or the cheaper one? :)

im 99% sure that its the earlier filter. check at your local motor factors, will be about 5 times cheaper than pug.

welshpug

IIRC a ZX16v fuel filter is quite similar, either way I would just pop down to a local motor factors and see what they have to offer, have a flick through the Filters applications catalogues, you might find that its the same filter!

Sign in to follow this