• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
averyaaron1979

Replacement Tacho/revometer

averyaaron1979

is anyone able to help me, i have been trying to source on the old net a tacho ane revometer that will work with standard ecu etc.

i am currently building a track car and i am trying to get rid of as much weight as possible and make sure the gauges are as reliable as possible, which isn't always happening withe original clocks etc.

anyone know of nay kit that can replace the originals to which i can place on carbonfibre backing plate to make my own set up.

i have tried most places so far and other than spending an absolute fortune i can't find a thing.

i was just after a basic tacho,revometer and the fit the extra bits around.....

any ideas would be grateful..

i shall put together a thread once i have done more work as it does look pittful at the moment but by then end she should be good fun.

thanks

clifton

not much help at this time of night but i know halfords sell one...its a rev counter but has a shift light built in... it looks quite a nice bit of kit actually....not sure of the make but i know its in a red box if that helps lol

ben

averyaaron1979
not much help at this time of night but i know halfords sell one...its a rev counter but has a shift light built in... it looks quite a nice bit of kit actually....not sure of the make but i know its in a red box if that helps lol

ben

cheers for that ben, it helps a bit with that, it's the tacho that i am having trouble trying to work out where to get it from......

i didn't know if a bike one would work for what i am after really?

Grahamrally

Racetech do really nice rev counters that don't cost a fortune and are very well weighted.

The one that Halfords does it appauling, no offence to anyone that has one. It's £40 of tatt, (I should know, I work there!!). It's got a very slow reaction and poorly built. But I suppose good if you're after something real cheap.

Graham

averyaaron1979

cheers for that graham i shall look at that then....

how are bike tachos set up?? are they compatible with my type of set up?

jackherer
how are bike tachos set up?? are they compatible with my type of set up?

Bikes rev much higher than cars so they aren't ideal as you will never take them past about half way.

ifcho

I've been looking at some aftermarket tacho's recently and found that AutoMeter do quite nice tachometers for a very good price (they can be ordered from the US, though).

For example:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

I don't know how accurate they are, but AutoMeter are quite popular in NASCAR races, so they should be good quality.

Edited by ifcho

averyaaron1979

i think i may have found what i am after for the new dash really, from rally design and noticed it in a ppc mag today...

post-9973-1201639277_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this