• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Cat Banging/vibrating On Subframe!

timmsy19

Hi all

I know this is not 205 related but hope someone can help.

Ive recently fitted a sports cat to my Clio.

After alot of trouble getting it to fit its finally on :rolleyes:

well its started banging against either the subframe or the ARB. its only under hard acceleration or when coming off the biting point.

main reasons i can see why is that its a larger bore than before, its also got a bit of metal flexi hose which is im sure is causing the banging vibrating.

anyone got any suggestions for curing this short of spending another £350 on a standard part :D

ive been given a few ideas but need some more ideas from some experienced people lol

fulani

Take it off and put the normal one back on.

It's a 1.2 Clio!

*On a more serious note, bodge it with some heatwrap made into a kind of wad?

Edited by fulani

Mikey S

the bottom engine/gearbox mount are ultra s*ite on clio's. you can usually tell there gone by the amount of movement on the gearstick as you come on and off the throttle in the lower gears. im not sure, but maybe k tec or similar do an uprated lower mount.

mike

welshpug

£350 :rolleyes: I guess you asked Renault for that price?!

if its the DF4 engine its £60+vat from BuypartsBy.

hengti

i don't know how the mounting points differ to the F4R RS engine but there's a bodge fix for this common problem with the F4R engined cars - slacken the four top engine mount nuts, lever the engine forwards (towards you) and tighten the mounting nuts whilst the engine is being held forward. again, not sure if it's relevant to yours.

timmsy19
£350 :) I guess you asked Renault for that price?!

if its the DF4 engine its £60+vat from BuypartsBy.

nope Renault wanted £400 plus fitting

same engine as this: HERE

the £350 was from kwickfit. only reason being that its more expensive than the rest is because it has 2 lamber sensors apparently

funny you should say about the engine mounts. we did have to take the engine off the mounts to get the cat off as one of the bots was stuck in the manifold.

unfortunately its not just nut and bolt like a 205 :D the nut is built into the manifold!

sounds like heat wrap is the best option as ive been advised this already i just didn't know if it had good enough properties to stop it actually banging

Oh fulani i hear ya. lol thing is why replace something with an expensive Renault or a cheap pattern part if i can get a better one for the same price??

Sign in to follow this