• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Roman

Heated Wiring For Lambda Sensor

Roman

hy i have one question for all you expert.Are is ok to conect permanent 12v on heater (2 white vire) or only for short time. I check forum and not find any straight answer... :)

DamirGTI

Hi !

Do you mean - connect white wire on the battery positive ? well yes , you can connect the heater element directly on the battery no harm doing that , but surely this is hardly a long term solution as it'll burn out being under 12v current all the time ...

I've been fitting an lambda sensor (4 wire type with heater element ..) on my car just for mixture checking/adjusting/engine mapping and I've connect heater supply wire on the SAD connector (from the SAD connector you can take 12v supply voltage for the heater element as the voltage on the SAD is present only when the engine works so it's good as a long term solution ..) and connect the earth heater wire on battery negative terminal ... and all works just fine , no problems what so ever :)

Cheers ! :)

Damir

Roman

ok thanks mate :)

snillet
Hi !

Do you mean - connect white wire on the battery positive ? well yes , you can connect the heater element directly on the battery no harm doing that , but surely this is hardly a long term solution as it'll burn out being under 12v current all the time ...

I've been fitting an lambda sensor (4 wire type with heater element ..) on my car just for mixture checking/adjusting/engine mapping and I've connect heater supply wire on the SAD connector (from the SAD connector you can take 12v supply voltage for the heater element as the voltage on the SAD is present only when the engine works so it's good as a long term solution ..) and connect the earth heater wire on battery negative terminal ... and all works just fine , no problems what so ever ;)

Cheers ! B)

Damir

That´s how it´s connected electrically from factory when the engine has a sensor.

Sign in to follow this