• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveyboyblack

Why Does Nothing Ever Go To Plan!

daveyboyblack

Ok, so my plan for the weekend was to spend Saturday putting the car back together with the following being the main aims:

Put new caliper on rear nearside.

Flush whole system with new brake fluid

Put XU10 Baffled sump on

Move Driver's seat mounting

Move harness mounting points to somewhere a bit safer

Alongside lots of other tidying bits and bobs.

However, i've now ended up with:

- New caliper on rear nearside, but offside rear system is now always on... either a build up of pressure or a seized caliper (although i've done nothing except bleed that line, so i'm hoping it's just some pressure that needs equalizing somehow)

- In putting the sump back on, because I was lazy and didn't take the spacer plate off and clean both that and the block and bolt holes.... i've now got a sump that's mostly on, but sheared 2 bolts (not even tight) and have 2 more bolts that are seized. Something says I should have cleaned all the sealant out properly first! :D

- Nothing else got done!

Don't you just hate it when things don't go even anywhere close to plan!!!!

I'm gonna have to see if the sump will hold as i'm supposed to be going to Birmingham to get my DES exhaust fitted on Saturday!

:)

Anthony
- New caliper on rear nearside, but offside rear system is now always on... either a build up of pressure or a seized caliper (although i've done nothing except bleed that line, so i'm hoping it's just some pressure that needs equalizing somehow)

Check that you've not kinked or twisted a brake line, or that the hose doesn't look old and perished (they can collapse internally) - all of those can create what is in effect a one-way valve, so you can pump fluid into the caliper under pressure, but it can't return properly, leading to a binding caliper.

ashley peddle

my saturday was supposed to be spent putting my car back together and then autosport show on sunday... but i woke up late and didnt make it to the show :) so spent it all working on the car instead - was quite productive for me :D

Sign in to follow this