• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Grp N Or Stainless Exhaust

GLPoomobile
Just rung up and it's £225 + vat from the downpipe and £90 if you want the downpipe aswell.

I asked about 10% discount but they give us free fitting but i thought it was free fitting anyway?,just need to give them about a weeks noticed if your driving up.

Edit: I will probably go up in about 1-2 weeks. :lol:

I mentioned this before. Neil told me last year that he makes so little profit on the exhaust that he could not offer a discount, only free fitting. At the time I don't think he was doing a Drivers discount, only for PSOOC, but he was perfectly happy to do free fitment for me regardless. I never got the exhaust in the end as the day that I skived work to drive up there my AFM went tits up and the car wouldn't run.

I think delivery back then was circa £18 for a next day delivery.

matty_gti

Are we talking about a standerd 8v system here??

kate205gti
Hi Kate, For a gti 6 i would recommend our complete GpN + additional silencer + downpipe. Whaty we do for the higher powered 16v's is have a 2 1/2 " downpipe going into a 2 1/4" centre section and box and a 2" rear section and box. This setup has been proven up to 215bhp with noise levels from 86db up to 98db dependant on engine spec. The exhaust is £250+VAT and the downpipe is £90+VAT. Regards, Neal DesorgherDES Developments LLP

aww i got quoted £25 more lol

sussex gti - is this the one youve got?? :D

daza
Are we talking about a standerd 8v system here??

Yes mate that is for standard spec.

Guest kweller

I quite fancy a DES system but I am concerned about the noise level. It will be my daily driver so I dont want it to be too loud just free flowing with a nice raspy sound! What would be best?

Cheers

Keith

daza

Mine is booked in for a week thursday so i will let people know what it's like.

Livelee
ask Livelee how well it's lasted!

When did you fit it? It's still on the car now and hasn't rusted out. I've just cut it in half and welded a Honda Integra resonator box (it's all I had lying around) into it. I know Bedford is a PITA with noise but every time i've been there I get black flagged for noise on the drive bys. Hopefully it will be a tiny bit quieter now.

Martin W
I quite fancy a DES system but I am concerned about the noise level. It will be my daily driver so I dont want it to be too loud just free flowing with a nice raspy sound! What would be best?

Cheers

Keith

I've had lods of pts/special tuning Group n exhausts and they do rust though but the biggest problem I found was after about a year so much of the packing had been blown out and my car was reading over 100dbs on trackday noise tests! So .. I had DES Developments make me up an exhuast that was quiet and did not compromise performance, actually I ended up gaining some midrange without any effect on the top end and 18 months down the line all is still fine (and its still shiny!). cost was marginally more than the group N but in the longer term it will be much cheaper.

Mine made 89dbs at Combe last time, whioch is significantlly quieter than the engine but still sounds nice when you open it up.

Just my 2 pence worth.

daza

Just got back from having mine fitted and very pleased with the system,it looks standard and not noisy or boomy at motorway speeds but with a nice rasp to it.

Neil wasn't there but dealt with his partner who was very good and didn't mind talking about 205's for an hour or so :D

I'm just so glad to get rid of the magnex backbox.

Edited by daza

Martin W
Just got back from having mine fitted and very pleased with the system,it looks standard and not noisy or boomy at motorway speeds but with a nice rasp to it.

Neil wasn't there but dealt with his partner who was very good and didn't mind talking about 205's for an hour or so :D

I'm just so glad to get rid of the magnex backbox.

Top stuff

ifcho

where do you get downpipes from?

are they still offered by pug?

welshpug

DES make the downpipes themselves :)

NeilGTi85

I've heard only good things about DES.....apart from there price's B)

But Neal is a very helpfull guy, I'm thinking of getting a new grp N for my MI 16, will see what other people think first

Neil

welshpug

I don't see anything wrong with the price, its cheaper than anything else out there apart fro the chocolate teapot Mild steel stuff out there.

Martin W
I've heard only good things about DES.....apart from there price's B)

But Neal is a very helpfull guy, I'm thinking of getting a new grp N for my MI 16, will see what other people think first

Neil

I just see it as you 'get what you pay for' but yes there is a lot of choice in the exhaust market and you can only buy what is within your price range.

Sign in to follow this