• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Grp N Or Stainless Exhaust

chrisj21

as above looking to get a new exhaust just wondering what you guys would recommend, group n or a quality stainless item,maybe magnex?

also where would i source a group n?

thanks

Chris

boombang

I'd recommend the DES grp N system made out of stainless - best of both worlds and proven gains

chrisj21

DES Developments? i'll have a look

thanks

supersub14

what exhaust gives a good sound? Its for road use so not worried about any performace gains

daza

AB motorsport in leamington do a grp N but i don't thonk it's stainless.

Edited by daza

boombang

Again DES Developments exhaust sounds spot on, without the limited lifespan of the old "Peugeot Sport" system. Yes I am biased as know the guys well, but at the same time I'm a negative bastard and hardly recommend anything!

My view is purely why spend £150 on a mild steel system that will last under a year with no attention (seriously!) when you can get a proven stainless product with far far longer lifespan without spending a massive amount more?

The grp N system was from "Special Tuning", barely fitted was taken back to bare metal, prepped and sprayed up before fitting - ask Livelee how well it's lasted!

Sorry mate, did try and preserve it best I could!

daza

I think i will look at the DES grpN stainless aswell because i have a stardard system with magnex backbox but one of the hangers on the backbox has snapped off somewhere,so rather than spend £140 on just a backbox i may aswell get a grp N system.

Edited by daza

oli-pug

Couldn't you just get the hanger welded again, or send it back to magnex as they've got a lifetime guarantee i thought!

If that's out of the question, then yep, get the Des Developments system its a well made product with nice subtle looks.

daza

The hanger has fell off while driving and i remember not sending off the form for lifetime guarantee,so i will email magnex to see if they can send me one.

ChrisG

out of interest how much are the DES s/s systems, as there is no info on their website and I don't like phoning up when I've no intention of buying for at least a couple of months!

ashley peddle

iv had a pugsport in the past - was more than fine after a year :lol: sure they rust - but it was still solid after over a years use :)

supersub14

ill def be going for stainless steel. Doesnt seem to be much choice around tho, all i can see is GrpN, Magnex and DES. Maybe im just being picky lol!

supersub14

any advice on a piper exhaust?

sussex_gti

I've got a Des system, in my opinion the best on the market. Fits perfectly, sounds nice and looks original. Id go for the 2" version for the road, the 2.5" is loud! But a very nice loud, so down to your preferance.

chrisj21

well DES stainless grpn seems to be the preffered choice so i'll make a phonecall monday and get one ordered.

cheers guys

boombang

With you being so close, I'd definately get them to fit it too as they are only in Walsall.

At the same time I'd also get:

new downpipe

manifold to downpipe gasket kit (cheap enough from Pug)

new exhaust rubbers

That's just my preference though as it means it'd be done right first time with no messing about with in the future.

Arahan

Anybody know how much the DES Developments stainless steel Group N exhaust costs? And if anyone has had one delivered, how much was delivery?

- James

Fast Road Jay

i sware by powerflow, my local dealer "ISC" (formally warrior motorsport) have built loads of powerflow systems for my cars and my mates cars and i have never had a problem with any of them and when i spanked my coupe exhaust on the floor and bent a hanger they repaired it "under warranty" (prolly down to me wasting too much money with them) ........ i know a few peeps have had / heard bad things about powerflow but it depends how good your local dealer / fitting center is, my 205 will soon be going for a 2.5" single silencer manifold back system after its MOT as i have a 4 branch kicking about! (yes i am aware that a single silencer and 2.5" bore will make the idleing worse than ever but i dont care cos i dont plan on sitting in the car without driving like a loon) ;)

boombang
Anybody know how much the DES Developments stainless steel Group N exhaust costs? And if anyone has had one delivered, how much was delivery?

- James

For current prices I'd say it's best to ring them for sure!

Better than finding an old price on here and being disappointed if it's gone up. Having said that, it might have gone down for some reason too.

Arahan

I emailed DES developments just now (because ive just got home from work) about their Stainless steel Group N exhausts, to see how much they cost including postage to mainland UK.

I also asked if they would be interested in any kind of group buy discount, say 10% for a definate 10 purchasers, would anyone be interested in this?

daza

I might get one of these mate but not sure when and i will probably drive up there.

It says in the discounters thread that we got 10%off anyway.

Edited by daza

dave_gti
I might get one of these mate but not sure when and i will probably drive up there.

It says in the discounters thread that we got 10%off anyway.

yeah we get a 10% discount, saved me a LOT of money in the past, i am going to be going for a DES Developments exhaust, not sure on prices, im sure the back box is £150 fitted, but i want it delivered, so ill need to phone Neil when i get some money :)

daza

Just rung up and it's £225 + vat from the downpipe and £90 if you want the downpipe aswell.

I asked about 10% discount but they give us free fitting but i thought it was free fitting anyway?,just need to give them about a weeks noticed if your driving up.

Edit: I will probably go up in about 1-2 weeks. :ph34r:

Edited by daza

Sign in to follow this