• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
toddydal

[body_work] Weekend Respray

Guest roverboy

nice one, what manufacturer paint do you use?

toddydal

it was shermin williams, i blagged the paint for free off a paint rep,which came from belgium, i just used solid colour straight gloss,but we have 3 water scemes in which are shermin williams,octoral and max meyer,but i think octoral is the best,i only used the shermin williams because it was free but its got great coverage and you get a real good finish,the car doesnt even need polishing as the paint finnish is really clean,we have 3 booths at work and mine is the outside booth, which is the best one.apart from when its pissing down,it only really took a saturday to the job from start to finnish but took all day from 9am till 10.30 pm but it got prepped right, tho i started rushing in the end just to get it painted

Paintguy

Max Meyer! That name used to strike fear into me :D

But to be fair, I tried some of their water borne paint and was pretty impressed - a vast improvement over their solvent stuff.

toddydal

i know what you mean, but now like you say the waters quite good,all of our 3 systems are quite cheap in price but all are good and easy to use,we had glasurit , dupont and lechler in before them but only on solvent,i used the glasrit water(90 line) about 10 years ago and i hated water,it took ages to dry even with blowers but its farely quick now and the coverage you get especially from shermin williams is unbelivable it covers in 1 coat and thats about every colour,even the worst colours

Paintguy

I'm the same. I hated water the first time I used it, but a few years, and a few generations down the line, it's much improved I reckon. I used Lechler for many years (BSB then Hydrofan) and was impressed with it for the price. I'm now using ICI though (or Nexa as they call it since PPG bought them out), and although its expensive stuff, I think it's worth the money. Dust, wet, drop, lacquer, job done :)

toddydal

thats what you do with max meyer,but the other 2 scemes are 1full wet coat,drop coat then clear,we had the Hydrofan in and we wer just getting the hang of it and they took it out and replaced it with octoral but i was impressed with the Hydrofan tho,Lechler had the tinted primer system which i thought was brilliant if you wer doing a yellow car you could mix yellow primer,when they took the sceme out i asked if we could keep the primer system in but no luck

Pugnut
thats what you do with max meyer,but the other 2 scemes are 1full wet coat,drop coat then clear,we had the Hydrofan in and we wer just getting the hang of it and they took it out and replaced it with octoral but i was impressed with the Hydrofan tho,Lechler had the tinted primer system which i thought was brilliant if you wer doing a yellow car you could mix yellow primer,when they took the sceme out i asked if we could keep the primer system in but no luck

ok , nobody gives a f**k about dulux, crown , b&q's own etc etc , wheres the damned pics!! you're just teasing now!! :blush:

toddydal

iv already posted pics,but thers only one of the car nearly finished on photo bucked,but once ive got the door frames done and wiper back on and all cleaned up ile post some more

Edited by toddydal

toddydal

well thers only one of the car nearly finnished

Paintguy
ok , nobody gives a f**k about dulux, crown , b&q's own etc etc , wheres the damned pics!! you're just teasing now!! :ph34r:

Hush now. A true professional can't be rushed ;):lol:

Toddy - Sottotinte! :D

My own car was primed in MAC7 - 7777710, with a bit of blue added. Their MAC 85 was the best WOW primer I've ever used. Great when you were painting a solid colour, as you could just throw a bit of your mixed up paint in with it, and you were halfway there with coverage.

P.S. The last bit was just to annoy you Pugnut, and to make sure this thread stays near the top until the pics arrive :D

toddydal
Paintguy

Are the pictures so small for a reason? ;)

Looks great though mate. I'm not a fan of blacked out rear lights myself, but as always it's a personal choice thing :)

Alastairh
Are the pictures so small for a reason? ;)

:) that had crossed my mind aswell... :P

Looks good. Get some bigger pics up mind ;)

toddydal

i know i dont know whats happend to my phone,ill put some more on

toddydal

and i know what you mean about the back lights,i wish i had only clearcoated them now as they make them look brand new instead of adding a very small amount of black to the clearcoat to give it smoked look

maxi
ok , nobody gives a f**k about dulux, crown , b&q's own etc etc , wheres the damned pics!! you're just teasing now!! :(

F ucking Hell, I cant stop laughing! Just spat tea over the keyboard the lot! :D:wub::wub::wub::)B):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: