• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
V8Pete

Citroen Zx Gti Volcane 2.0

V8Pete

One's come up as an insurance writeoff, but it's about two day's drive away from me, so I can't check it out.

It's allegedly a '1996 Citroen ZX GTI Volcane' with a 1998 cc engine and the VIN is VF7N2E70001E70025. Can anyone tell what engine it has from that?

Miles

If it's a Volcane I;d say it's the 8v as the 16v's I don;t think where known as Volcanes

welshpug

There was never a ZX GTi, all volcane's were a 1.9 8v in early cars and 2.0 8V later.

All 16v cars were simply badged 16V.

There was a later variant that the UK never got which was called the Dakar, IIRC to commemorate a victory by Citroen in the Dakar Rally with a ZX, this particular model was XU10J4RS powered and 5 speed, released in 1996 and 97 prior to the release of the Xsara.

they should all have this badge, which isnt a Saxo badge :lol:

PICT0042.jpg

they look like this

_19_0121.jpg

_22_0118.jpg

note the spoiler, wheelarch trims rubstrips and sideskirts, all of which were unique to the 16v.

They're a very rare car nowadays, even rarer than when the 400 cars built were sold in the uk!

IMO its an excellent car, lighter than the 306 and a better handler, which is why when mine spun a shell on No4 rod, I got a gti6 engine for it :angry:

welshpug

from that VIN number I can tell that it originally had an RFX 2.0 iron block 8v fitted :angry:

amusingly it appears it should be a ZX Reflex according to the badges linked to that VIN :lol:

nick

I think you have made your point.....

welshpug

oops!

:lol: I think I may have got carried away there!

ledders

Maybe a touch good ramble though very informative..

welshpug

aaah I wondered if that was possible, do I just select the characteristics tab as in the pic above?

Sandy

Yup, seems to work! I've just tried doing the same for my 205 on the Peugeot site, but there's less info.

V8Pete

Thanks. Just bought a crashed 1.9 Mi16 instead :D

This is the badging if anyone's interested...

469704c.jpg

Mandic

I thought ZX never had a 1.9 Mi16, only 2.0 Mi16/S16, al least over here.

Cheers

Ziga

V8Pete

Oh, na, the ZX is not the one I bought - it's the one I was asking about, but didn't buy it in the end because I got a 405 Mi16 instead.

This is the Mi16..

405mi16.jpg

Mandic

Ah ok, I thought You posted up pic of a ZX, bagded GTi, having Mi16 in...

LOL, it's just a minor scratch :D

Cheers

Ziga

Sign in to follow this