• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joni

Vaccuum Pipe Near Brake Master Cylinder 1.6 Gti

joni

Could anybody tell me what the vaccum pipe is near the brake master cylinder on my 205 1.6 gti? I don’t mean the servo vaccum pipe but a smaller tube which goes through into the bulkhead area where the windscreen wiper motor is.

The reason I ask is my current 205 has a t-piece in the pipe coming from the inlet manifold to the servo from which a smaller pipe goes off into the bulkhead. This smaller pipe has split recently and meant that I’ve had no servo as air is able to get in where the split is. I cut the end of the smaller pipe off and pushed it back on to the t-piece but shortly after this the pipe split again

I’m wondering how necessary this smaller pipe is? If its not necessary I won’t connect it up and will remove the t-piece in my inlet manifold to servo pipe. If it is necessary I will renew the smaller pipe.

Ryan

I think it's for the sunroof.

joni
I think it's for the sunroof.

Can someonw confirm this? I am ripping out the sunroof so shouldn't be a problem if it is a sunroof pipe. Its about 8mm external diameter.

Cheers.

Rob Thomson

Yep - definitely the vacuum feed for the OE sunroof. There's also a big vacuum reservoir in the scuttle that you can wang too.

M@tt

i need one of those T picecs mine snapped :) so if your gonna bin it i'll have it :D

joni
i need one of those T picecs mine snapped :) so if your gonna bin it i'll have it :D

Send me your address mate

Sign in to follow this