• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Is There Any Easy(ish) Way Of Removing A Wheel

Atari Boy

I have come across three quite decent Italian Speedlines at a local scrappy; the chaps/chimps that run it can’t get them off the car as they don’t have the wheel lock nut key, allegedly they have tried other methods of persuasion but I would be surprised if they can tie their own shoe laces, let alone anything more challenging.

I can tie my own shoe laces (just) but don’t know how to tackle the bolts, any suggestions?

Thanks

Jonny

boombang

Do up the other three bolts very tightly and then either:

hammer a cheap/spare socket over the top and undo with breaker bar. If the socket is tight and strong enough should undo fine.

OR

use a proper windy gun with a locking nut removal tool. Makes it very very easy.

welshpug

remove the hub with it still attached, you can then take it somewhere with better tool access.

ifcho

Either hammer a cheap socket that matches the pattern of the bolt (as suggested above) or weld a nut to it...or take the wheel with the wishbone and hub (as suggested above again) :D

28CRAIG

Try a punch

Alastairh

Cheap socket.

I recently had a night mare of a locking wheel nut to remove.

I had the key, i've got a decent 18v eleccy impact gun, snap on bolt extractors. None of them could remove it.

I ended up leathering a 18mm socket on, scaffold pole, 2 mates standing on the wheel, and the beam up against the house (rear axel was removed off the car).

Night mare :rolleyes:

ORB

I have done all of the above before, I have also drilled off a stud.

a good sharp punch is normally the best bet if you are good with a hammer.

SamGTi

Hitting anything with a hammer usually resolves most 205 problems! :)

Sign in to follow this