• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Fuel Sender Faulty....

davemar

I've just been looking at 'er indoors car after it's been away for no repairs (had a ding and written off with fixable damage), and noticed the fuel gauge was at the bottom when I started it up. I'm pretty sure it had some fuel in it when I handed it over, and would expect the warning light to come on if it was low.

So either the petrol has been drained, or the fuel level sensor has stopped working (or the wiring in between or the gauge). I see there are three wires on the sender unit (under the rear seat), does anyone know what each one is, and what voltages I should be reading on them assuming half a tank?

Is there a non-messy way of checking the fuel level, so I can rule out an empty tank as the problem?

BTW, it's a 205 1.1 H-reg.

DaveW

you could just remove the sender in the tank and dip a stick into the tank to see how much is in it. lift the back bench up to find 2 rubber circles the smaller on is the sender.

davemar
you could just remove the sender in the tank and dip a stick into the tank to see how much is in it. lift the back bench up to find 2 rubber circles the smaller on is the sender.

I can see the sender but can't see how to remove it, I can't see any bolts or anything?

DaveW

sorry bud i dont know either, maybe it twists off?

Sign in to follow this