• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tillingsp

1.9 Gti Timing Belt Change

djinuk

what exactly do you need the pulley puller for, just wondering, lots of people went on about them being so tight, i jst sprayed wd40 around it and with 2 tugs it came of smoothly

Project205

Gone are the days when I would pull something apart and find I have put a car out of action for a week until the parts I need arrive!

I hear what you are saying though, I might well be able to get away without purchasing one but given my luck and the fact the pulley has been attached to the car for 16 years, I am assuming the worst! A bit of release agent would help I imagine.

Going for a slick opperation, dissemble, replace, assemble....but like the best laid plans....we will see.

isub

Dont know if it any help. But ive just finished changing the timing belt on my 1.9 and going from the history it hadnt been done for 6+ years.

I stuggled on a few bits but one of the easiest parts of the job was removing the pulley.

I first tried to lever it of, and then a few taps but it wouldnt budge.

The way mine did come off was to give a tap on the face of the pulley, then i just pulled it using only my hands straight off, with a small amount of wiggling.

Think the key is that as the pulley is on so tightly any pressure from one side to the other and it just wont budge, it sounds wrong but in my instance, it was a case of less is more,

if you follow?!

Sign in to follow this