• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stue205mi16

My Washers Are Crap!

rescue dude

Anyone know the part number for the 405 spray bars?

Super Josh
Anyone know the part number for the 405 spray bars?

Spray Bar 6438 61

Short pipe 6439 30

Josh

Dave G

its my pet hate not being able to clean the screen properly, i can sympathise with the problem and it must be a nightmare at this time of year with all the salt

rescue dude
Spray Bar 6438 61

Short pipe 6439 30

Josh

Cheers.

Presumably i'll need 2x 6438 61 and 2x 6439 30?

jord294

a good job well done :D

finally got round to doing my windscreen washers today. the nicest day it's been for a long time :)

i have a single wiper on my car, but only had single jet nozzles, which i've now binned!. so after a trip to peugeot last week, i got around to fitting new parts.

first of all was new twin jet nozzles, then a new length of plastic hose, removed washer bottle and gave it a very good clean, inside and out and also treated a bit of rust on the inner wing while i was at it.

with all parts back on and a mixture of screenwash and water, i decided to set the spray pattern. this was more time consuming than fitting all the new bits :)

but now they work perfectly :D

the end

Super Josh
Cheers.

Presumably i'll need 2x 6438 61 and 2x 6439 30?

Yeah, I would assume that you need one of each per side. Although I have not fitted a set, so don't know how they fit to the wiper arms or how you are supposed to route the pipework etc. Maybe someone who has them fitted could enlighten us? :)

Josh

welshpug

all you need is some extra tubing, a t-piece and a non-return valve.

route the hose under the scuttle panel and up through by the spindles, the 405 has some small inserts which I havent used, but If I fit some to my 309 I think I might use them to make it tidier.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

engine killer
all you need is some extra tubing, a t-piece and a non-return valve.

route the hose under the scuttle panel and up through by the spindles, the 405 has some small inserts which I havent used, but If I fit some to my 309 I think I might use them to make it tidier.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

do you mean this insert?

engine killer

i also have the clips for the spray bar which i used to have cable tie to do the job.

Super Josh

Here's a few more part numbers, and for completness I've included the ones that I posted further up this thread.

Spray Bar 6438 61

Short pipe 6439 30

The pipe union inserts that go on the scuttle panel are part number 6433 69

The non-return valve is part number 6433 70

The clip to hold on the spray bars is 6422 24, you'll need two per spray bar

If you need to buy some plastic tubing from a motor factors to replace/extend your existing stuff, then you need tubing with a 5mm internal diameter :)

post-3373-1198746496_thumb.jpg

Josh

Super Josh
post-3373-1198746676_thumb.jpg

rescue dude

Perfect. Thanks Josh.

welshpug

that's exactly it Josh and engine killer :)

GLPoomobile

A few questions:

1 - Are late Saxo jets the same as 307 jets? Would prefer to order 307 ones so I can get everything from the one dealer.

2 - Do Saxo/307 jets fit without modification? Presumably any mod would just be a bit of minor filing to the bonnet hole?

3 - Does anyone have the part number for the 307 jets? I'm sure they are easy enough to obtain, but knowing the dealers reluctance to help without a chassis or part number, I'd rather be prepared!

4 - If I fit a one way valve in the washer tubing, where's best to put it? As I'll be winding my tubing around a coolant hose to heat the fluid, I figured it would be best to put the valve before it gets to the coolant hose, so the fluid is kept north of this point and kept warm.

And here's another one for discussion - has anyone toyed with fitting a spray bar to the rear wiper? I figure you'd need to fit a rubber grommet in the boot hole just tight enough to let the hose pass through. I know the pump delivers enough pressure to put water on the screen but I've found with every 205 I've had that the single squirt of water straight up the screen does feck all! You get a clean patch a few inches either side and then smear across the rest of the screen :wacko:

GLPoomobile

Anyone?

Super Josh

I'll answer your questions Steve :)

1 - Are late Saxo jets the same as 307 jets? Would prefer to order 307 ones so I can get everything from the one dealer.

Yep, the same and it means you won't have any crappy Citroen parts on your Mota :(

2 - Do Saxo/307 jets fit without modification? Presumably any mod would just be a bit of minor filing to the bonnet hole?

No, they fit in the same

3 - Does anyone have the part number for the 307 jets? I'm sure they are easy enough to obtain, but knowing the dealers reluctance to help without a chassis or part number, I'd rather be prepared!

Dunno, someone will post it

4 - If I fit a one way valve in the washer tubing, where's best to put it? As I'll be winding my tubing around a coolant hose to heat the fluid, I figured it would be best to put the valve before it gets to the coolant hose, so the fluid is kept north of this point and kept warm.

The nearer to the pump then the less water the pump has to move to pressurise the system :)

And here's another one for discussion - has anyone toyed with fitting a spray bar to the rear wiper? I figure you'd need to fit a rubber grommet in the boot hole just tight enough to let the hose pass through. I know the pump delivers enough pressure to put water on the screen but I've found with every 205 I've had that the single squirt of water straight up the screen does feck all! You get a clean patch a few inches either side and then smear across the rest of the screen :huh:

What about putting a single 307 jet in the rear screen, along with another one way valve, not sure if you would need to alter the shape of the hole though? Also another hole in the tailgate for the hose is one more place for it to leak

Josh

GLPoomobile

Ta Josh :huh:

Regarding the rear, I didn't mean have a hole for the tube to the spray bar in addition to the jet. I meant do away with the jet and run the hose to the spray bar through it's original hole. I can't remember how big the hole for the rear jet is, but maybe one of those 405 scuttle 'joints' would work (the bit pictured earlier that gives a tidy joint to the tube on the scuttle rather than just running it through a hole in the scuttle).

Another little thing for me to bugger around with once I've finally got around to starting the 101 jobs I've made for myself :(

Super Josh

Think you may be onto something with the bulkhead connector, might even be a perfect fit in the hole. I'd remove mine to have a look, but I siliconed it in place trying to cure a leak.

Josh

MikeHunt79
when i try washing the windscreen the water hardly hits the screen :P dont matter how much i attempt to adjust the jets it just aint happening B) would a new washer pump make a difference??? the wiper stalk seams to be a bit fubared as well so i might as well give that ago too B)

My pump packed up, so I put a new one on. This helped a little, but I also put saxo washers on my bonnet.

This gave 4 jets instead of 2, and helps enormously. :)

jord294

a poor electrical connection to the pump will do it aswell

MikeHunt79
a poor electrical connection to the pump will do it aswell

Yep, those spade connectors work fine when the car is new, but after a while they corrode and no longer conduct electricity...

I got so pi**ed off with my horn that I eventually snipped of the connectors and soldered the wires straight onto the horn. It has worked perfectly ever since, so I've done the same to my washer pump, and it now works better than it ever has before. :D

Top tip, the old wires will probably not take the solder too well, the secret is to get them nice and hot and this makes all the black crap in the wires evaporate... Then the wires take the solder really well. Use a 100W iron if you have one. :D

EDIT: I got my saxo jets from e-bay. Arrived new in the packet, and were around a fiver I think. :)

Edited by MikeHunt79

stue205mi16

ive only just got round to fitting a new pump and its just the same :angry: next job is some paxo washer jets and try them :lol: and now my heater has packed in too :( oh the joys of owning a pug again B)

ledders

Do what I do and carry a evian bottle around although it gets a bit messy on motorways (prob the best reason for a sunroof)

christopher

Ok a few comments..

IMHO..

The 1.9 jets are pants they clog up with a spec of dust. Granted my dad didn't use screenwash much.

The 1.6 jets never blocked up on our old car and on my rallye have never done..Why one need twin spray? single is more then enough...

After changing the jets on the 1.9 2 times we boought some from halfords...use double the amount but never block. they spray in a triangular pattern.

In denmark we buy a super concentrate for screenwash. its 1:50 so no excuse for not using and getting algae in the tank :lol:

(my dad is guilty..so he got some concentrate for christmas)

my 2 pence

Edited by christopher

Sign in to follow this