• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stue205mi16

My Washers Are Crap!

stue205mi16

when i try washing the windscreen the water hardly hits the screen :ph34r: dont matter how much i attempt to adjust the jets it just aint happening :P would a new washer pump make a difference??? the wiper stalk seams to be a bit fubared as well so i might as well give that ago too :P

jord294
when i try washing the windscreen the water hardly hits the screen :ph34r: dont matter how much i attempt to adjust the jets it just aint happening :P would a new washer pump make a difference??? the wiper stalk seams to be a bit fubared as well so i might as well give that ago too :P

your not alone. mine are pants too.

i've fitted a new pump, no difference though. so i've just bought new washer pipe and twin jet washer nozzles to try.

at the moment i only have single jet washer nozzles fitted.

have also thoroughly cleaned washer bottle.

will let you know how i get on

Edited by jord294

GLPoomobile

Check the voltage at the pump as dodgy wiring/bad earth may be an issue. If the voltage is good, remove the pump and make sure it's not blocked. Then blow through the hose with the jets disconnected to make sure it's not blocked. Finally clean the jet nozzles with a pin, and if still no luck replace the jets as they are cheap anyway.

pete1986

I would try cleaning the jets with a pin first, thats what unclogged mine. Otherwise, you have gone through all hassle of checking the motor and pipes for nothing :P

GLPoomobile
I would try cleaning the jets with a pin first, thats what unclogged mine. Otherwise, you have gone through all hassle of checking the motor and pipes for nothing :P

I agree, and should have been clearer. I assumed he'd used a pin to adjust the jets so they'd probably have been cleared anyway, but if everything else checks out ok I'd then go back and try clearing them once more before replacing them. :ph34r:

jackherer

I soaked the jets in vinegar overnight, they were much better after that.

ORB

The jets off a late model Saxo are a great mod, they spray the screen very well and are an easy swap.

stue205mi16

yes ive tried to unblock with the pin so i dont think its a blockage,the pipes do look a biy crappy so i might take a trip to the local breakers yard tomorow and rob some pipework :angry: ill try the voltage/connections etc and will look on gsf for some saxo jets :lol: thanks for the tips everyone :)

Sandy

405 wiper mounted spray bars are the answer, anything else is just irritating.

KRISKARRERA

My spraybars are always getting clogged up with crap from the washer bottle. I don't understand how algae forms in there!

welshpug
405 wiper mounted spray bars are the answer, anything else is just irritating.

same here, my 205 has sported them ever since my 405 had its first set of new wipers :angry: (they come with spraybars if you get em from GSF)

welshpug
My spraybars are always getting clogged up with crap from the washer bottle. I don't understand how algae forms in there!

unfiltered tap water kriss, remove the resevoir and blast it out with a jetwash/soak it in somethign, then fill it up with filtered/spring water.

paying a bit more for good quality screenwash and keeping the strength correct makes a bit difference.

richsmells

One of mine is blocked. I tried fishing a needle in there to unblock it but it still comes out as an embarrassing trickle. Not good in this weather. I guess i need to remove it and give it a good clean.

James_m
same here, my 205 has sported them ever since my 405 had its first set of new wipers ;) (they come with spraybars if you get em from GSF)

Are 405 wipers the same length as 205 wipers? If not, how do you attach the spray bars to the 205 wipers?

welshpug

they aren't the same length (20" as opposed to 22" IIRC) but the spraybars attach with clips to the main central part of the blade so they fit quite well, failing that you can cable tie them on.

Miles

I hated the spray bar's when I had my 405's, They Freeze up too quickly, At least with the bonnet one's they stand a chance of working due to the engine bay heat,

Don;t the 307 or Xasra one's fit, But might be worth upgrading the pump on these

westy

As people have said, Saxo washer jets. I've had mine on since I got the car, never blocked up, nothing. They give a nice even spray over the entire screen, can't beat them IMO. Few quid from Citroen.

Henry Yorke

406 washer bottle pump on mine. It is turbocharged compared to the 205 one! Also coupled with the twin jet nozzles. works a treat for me

GazRallye

I've read about the 106 boys putting 307 ones on theirs as they spray a mist onto the screen, don't know whether they'd fit a 205 or not?

Mine is fine on the passenger side, but misses the bottom half of the screen on the drivers so is pretty pointless, one of those jobs you keep putting off because of the cold weather but irritates you everytime you drive the car!

Sandy

They don't freeze up if you use decent screen wash.

welshpug
They don't freeze up if you use decent screen wash.

ditto :(

M_R_205

Iv always thought of replacing the jets on mine as when you get over 60-70 mph the water gets blown onto the car next to me!!!

Do you still get this with the twin shot jets??

Super Josh
Iv always thought of replacing the jets on mine as when you get over 60-70 mph the water gets blown onto the car next to me!!!Do you still get this with the twin shot jets??

No, not with the Saxo/307 ones :)

Josh

Edited by Super Josh

Miles

I'm too tight to buy screenwash thou!!, but I never use my 205 in the rain or Winter

Sandy
:) fairplay!I've just fitted spray bars onto my Junior this afternoon, much, much better, do it!!

Sign in to follow this