• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

[engine_work] New Project: V6 205

ledders

What a project I am about to embark on a conv myself but somthing a bit more tame wish you all the luck, and not too many cut knuckles... Ledders.

mitch205gti

Well I just think your greedy!

So your best option is to build the car then give it to me :lol: Best all round I think!

Also if you need any help let me know!

welshpug

come on Matt have you started the conversion yet? :lol:

jackherer
Did'nt realise that a V6 weighed about the same as a GTi6 lump though......

I don't have any scales so this isn't scientific but my gti6 seems a lot lighter than my v6s, I can move the gti6 around the garage by myself but the v6s are too heavy

M@tt

Andy/Mitch all hands will gratefully be received :D

The plan is to first finish the dropping the turbo lump in the CTI and get that out the way and running before makign a start on the V6 so looking at a couple of months at least i reckon before i satrt on it.

The V6 weighs alot more than a GTI 6 lump i'd say. Trying to get it out the back of the 106 was a complete mission and moving it around isn't the easiest.

VisaGTi16v

V6 lump is 40-50kg heavier than a gti6 Jack

Alan_M

I'm just going by what someone had said on here.....

Still fancy a 306 V6 though :D

jackherer

That sounds about right, the only way I have found to get my Xant V6 to go round corners is to keep my right foot planted while I stab the brakes with my left foot otherwise it just ploughs straight on!

ade 4wd

I finished my V6 205 just in time for Pugfest last year and is used daily without any problems. All the work was done by myself so if i can be of any help just ask. Good luck with the conversion, you wont be disapointed.

M_R_205

Sorry for the butt in but how much in total does the v6 weigh??

VisaGTi16v

I forget exact figures, try a google. The XU9 ally Mi16's are something like 135kg bare with no box, XU10's are about 15-20kg heavier and I recall a figure of around 195kg for a bare V6 but the box is heavier as well. I think a BE3 box is about 30kg or just under?

oh yer Alan, would make a nice every day car, 306/zx/205 etc with a V6 in, lovely sound etc just would be a bit nose heavy for a track car although you could dial some of that out

Edited by VisaGTi16v

VisaGTi16v

I think the best solution although not the easiest or cheapest is just to bin the rear seats and chuck it in the middle of the car like the Clio V6 :D

M_R_205
I think the best solution although not the easiest or cheapest is just to bin the rear seats and chuck it in the middle of the car like the Clio V6 :D

thats what im thinking, i was going to put an mi16 there but why not a v6........... can anyone weld?

DSCN2400.jpg

Edited by M_R_205

VisaGTi16v

Cable ties can be used for anything :D

cybernck
I finished my V6 205 just in time for Pugfest last year and is used daily without any problems. All the work was done by myself so if i can be of any help just ask. Good luck with the conversion, you wont be disapointed.

and we're still waiting to see the pics of both V6 setup and the previous Mi16x4 setup :):D.

ade 4wd

I will try and get pics up before the weekend. I have no internet at home.

Rippthrough
thats what im thinking, i was going to put an mi16 there but why not a v6........... can anyone weld?

I spy rear turret holes?

M_R_205

Iv an idea, il start a new thread save me hijacking this one, sorry :D

welshpug

someone on PSOOC has already done a V6 in the back, in a 106 :D

an interesting approach and quite similar to Cybernck's one, i.e weld in the front end of the donor car in the hole in the boot floor.

Hilgie

The V6 weighs 165kg without its box. But that is a whole lot heavier than a BE3 box.

Peetypug

sorry for the hijack

i'm thinking about this now

are all the engine mounts the same? and will the 1.9 gearbox fit?

danpug

No and no! Iirc the gearbox mount is the only one that fits. Check out hilgies website, it'll give you a decent a rough idea of the work involved.

M@tt

need to make a new top moutn , think the subframe needs cutting/altering to accommodate bottom engine mout fork and no it uses a different gearbox (MA i think)

Hilgie

The gearbox is an ML5T (which is also found on the late 2.0T engines) but with a custom bellhousing specifically for the V6.

The subframe needs a lot of cutting not only to accomodate the bottom enginmount, but to make room for the immense diff casing.