• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

Cam Bearing Size

Rippthrough

Just started making up the manifold for the throttle bodies as I'm sure she's being held back by the standard (but ported) manifold, I'm also getting some fueling glitches on the standard ECU, it's not happy, tweaked various sensors to get the fueling close but it occasionnally stutters as it realises somethings not right.

If I can get it anywhere close to one of Sandy's manifolds :) I'll be happy!

Edited by Rippthrough

Rippthrough

Typical, just as I start the manifold she starts behaving fine, flying again now. New fuel filter and 3 bar pump sorted the leaning top end and new set of leads too set my mind at rest just in case :)

Appear to have a nasty whining sound from the cambelt area, changed the tensioner and both belts, check the covers and they're OK too, so that only really leaves the waterpump, bah, knew I should have changed it at the same time.

Jrod

Sure the belt isn't to tight?

Rippthrough
Sure the belt isn't to tight?

Certain, tensioned it twice already, only just tensions enough after having .8mm of the head actually.

Jrod

Have fun with the water pump then. :)

Rippthrough

Ba, all my lovely new coolant

Rippthrough

And ba, all my lovely new coolant again - the bloody things suddenly burning it, knew I should have bought a proper Pug head gasket.

Rippthrough

Pug gasket on and she's fine, bloody cheap fibre headgaskets

Sandy

Amen to that!!

Sign in to follow this