• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

205 Gti-6

Spiky

will do guys, will fit to the car before i rip it apart :wacko:

Spiky

well it was delivered today :wacko:

just fitted it,

and it's works a treat

only issue i have is that my welded one is 56.88mm think, where as this one is 50.00mm thick,

so to test i put some washer on top and started it up, and it's much better :lol:

well please with that, especially as it only cost 14quid delivered, and if it fails in 6mths it's a cheap replacement

OR

or get this, which will again need spacer's but will be hard and last longer

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/parts/part...ails.asp?id=306

All Praise The GTI

so how much has it actually lowered the engine by spiky? and have you lowered the box to suit?

iam stil thinking about how to do mine but dont want to have driveshaft issues as having 309 items they cost abit!

Spiky

give me 5 and i'll go measure and take some pics

i have lowered the gearbox down some mm not as much as the drivers side though,

i'm running 309 wishbones and shafts, as long as you dont extend the bottom rear mount more than 10mm, the shafts will be fine (i'm speaking from trial and error)

Spiky

ok

BBM mount is 74.56 mm thick

my welded one is 54.5

mk2 rs2000 is 50mm (buy i made it 54 with some washers)

hope that helps :wacko:

Edited by Spiky

All Praise The GTI

excellent. great find thanks mate

ill be ordering one of them then!

James_m

Good find! What are peoples opinions on running this mount with a standard lower and gearbox mounts? Would i get driveshaft issues?

Spiky
Good find! What are peoples opinions on running this mount with a standard lower and gearbox mounts? Would i get driveshaft issues?

why would you?

its a ver hard rubber used on the mount, same as the BBM one i have, it may even be a bit harder

James_m

Because my cam covers rubs on the M/C so i thought it might be an easy fix. I dont really have any other clearance issues other than that so i have no need to drop the entire engine/box. But thinking about it the angle would throw off the lower mount fitment so i cant see it would work anyway

r.u.sure

Good find Spiky thanks very much for that, will be ordering one up soon, might even go for the uprated one.

Quick question though, how do you lower the gearbox side down, is it just a case of putting washers on top of the mount ?

Magic, thanks very much for the reply, think I'll try one of these first, no offence.

Thanks again for all the replies on this.

Dave

Spiky

yeah, used washers :)

r.u.sure

Nice one, thanks again :)

Sign in to follow this