• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

Some Bad Sill Rot - Advise Please

Guest Coopkiller
All cars rust!! whether they be steel or allminum. All lower market cars will rust more because of the way they are made and the crap budget they are made with! The more prestige bracket of vehicles stand a better chance and are usually made with better quality of metals.

But quite simply, its ur car! you should look after it. If you see rust, and dont tell me u'd miss a hole like that, then u'd want to sort it asap to deal with the problem! but saying that, Fords especially, if they bothered to put stonechipping on the sills, and better door seals, then most cars would not rust the way they do! Just another opinion

Looking after a Ka wont stop it rusting unless you mean looking after it to the extent of never taking it out in the rain?

Its not really true that all cars rust as some are vastly better than others. Also you might be interested to know the Merc E-Class (90's shape) Is one of the worst cars out there for rusting despite it being sold as a premium brand.

A well galvanised car shouldn't rust for many years (Audi 80's are a good example) and an alloy car may suffer some corrosion but will never rot like a steel car (or Ka).

pugman211

yea too true on the audi 80! and i didnt mean rot themselves to pieces but more or less every car has its troubles! But now we on the subject, how many cars are well galvanised these days?????

welshpug

my 405 hasnt a spot of rust on it :lol: just think of all those 405 shells that will still be around when the 205 rot to buggery....

SamGTi
Off topic again but just wondering if the Focus is any better or are they rusting as well. I know the MK2 mondeos are bad.

Ford must be about the worst maker for rust now?

My dad has a '54 plate Focus which has a spot of rust on the roof already!

Mikey S
My dad has a '54 plate Focus which has a spot of rust on the roof already!

i have mot'd 2 ka's this week and both were rotton as a pear down the o/s sill. one was a 98 the other a 2001 with 30k on the clock! :)

mattmk1
Fords especially, if they bothered to put stonechipping on the sills, and better door seals, then most cars would not rust the way they do! Just another opinion

Ford arent that bad, we restored a Triumph Stag last year, that had done 1600 miles from new. Immaculate, but the doors were rotting at the bottom edges. Put it up on the ramp, all was revealed. Triumph had, for whatever reason, forgotten to paint the bottom/underside of the doors. It was still factory primer.

Sign in to follow this