• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Discostu

[engine_work] My 2.0 Turbo Project

dodsworth_gti

looking like a good project mate :)

Baz

Excellent work, as said you should be very proud, looks like a very well thought out, neat conversion. :)

Can't wait to get mine done! :D

bales

There bloody good arent they!

I finished mine and got it on the road last saturday and must have spent about £100 on fuel easy in just over a week as I can't stop driving it, just makes me grin everytime I get in it.

Wait till you go on the motorway in it, they are absolutely astonishing you just breath on the throttle and the breeze past most things, I timed mine at 4.5s from 50-70mph in fifth gear, if you are sad like me and look at the stats in autocar there is not many cars much faster than that in that range.

Torque is a lovely thing :D

Also the white evo yesterday that I kept up with in 3rd gear seemed quite disgruntled when he saw a 20yr old french car still in his mirror after he had nailed it! :( lol

V1 RDE

I miss mine.

Guest am_i_mad?

Hi Mate.

Really nice conversion. Just starting mine. I've got the 205 engine out and also have stripped the loom and the engine from the xantia.

Just wondering what flywheel you used as have heard the xantia one can't be used. Also was your a mk 1 xantia. Mines a Mk 2 and just trying to figure out how to get the engine running once in the pug.

Mine has already cost me a pint of blood....lol. Just can't wait to drive it when done.

Jamie

Mikey S
Hi Mate.

Really nice conversion. Just starting mine. I've got the 205 engine out and also have stripped the loom and the engine from the xantia.

Just wondering what flywheel you used as have heard the xantia one can't be used. Also was your a mk 1 xantia. Mines a Mk 2 and just trying to figure out how to get the engine running once in the pug.

Mine has already cost me a pint of blood....lol. Just can't wait to drive it when done.

Jamie

hello mate, you can use an mi16 flywheel with an 1.9 mi16 clutch.

try the search function as well, been a few of these conversions surfacing recently. :P

welshpug

only just noticed this so I read it all the way through :P

lovely conversion and great attention to detail, where did you get the powdercoating and gearbox work done?

tombo
hello mate, you can use an mi16 flywheel with an 1.9 mi16 clutch.

try the search function as well, been a few of these conversions surfacing recently. :unsure:

hey mate, i would use the mi16 flywheel as said above, but i really wouldnt bother using the mi16 clutch as you will go through them in weeks not months. the mi16 clutch cannot handle the power or torque of the turbs specially when the boost is turned up.

Discostu - found that the clutch off a citroen Bx 1.7 TD is heavy duty and will fit perfectly, we also found that it does not slip one bit at 1bar so id say go for that option.

hope this helps :D

Guest am_i_mad?

Thanks mate.

I will puchase one of those then. Planning on running a bar eventually. Gotta get mine running first. Using a mk2 loom :) having great fun with it at the mo.

Don't spose you know anyone with a mi16 flywheel......not having any luck finding one.

Cheers

Jamie

craig f90

Hi mate.

your conversion is a work of art. ive seen it on another forum. truley stunning. if mine turns out half as neat as yours ill be happy. :wub:

Garry

Superb, hopefully mine will look like that someday, clean and stealthy.

Who did the intercooler?

base-1

Really clean and tidy mate, I like it alot :)

Discostu
Superb, hopefully mine will look like that someday, clean and stealthy.

Who did the intercooler?

I'd rather not say who did the intercooler. Its a lovely quality item but the company who made it messed me around with prices, sizes, and delivery times so i'd rather not give them anymore business. If it helps Forge Motorsport do one that is very similar

welshpug

I think I may have seen this car briefly in passing today :P

craigp

first time I've seen this stunning mate :P

Discostu
I think I may have seen this car briefly in passing today :)

I actually got it out of the garage yesterday (i dont drive it much these days) where did u see me?

welshpug

I was walking from the burger van/box thats opposite the timber place, past Westec to Leeway MOT centre when you drove past the junction towards ford at about 11.50.

I keep seeing the bloody low red 205 on black Mi wheels near where I work too (ty coch ind estate)

Edited by welshpug

Discostu

It is indeed tombo, and those are the wheels i sold him :)

Also, i work at newport ford so that makes perfect sense lol

welshpug

that means you'll see our X reg Mondingo being towed in first thing monay morning then :angry: booked in for 8.30, I wonder who's gonna be the passenger....

lol, gone off topic rather, how is the car going? any more planned?

Edited by welshpug

Discostu

Yup, i'm planning on selling it :angry:

As for the mondingo..... i doubt we'll have the parts in stock to fix it lol

tombo

ive been spotted indeed it was me!

its not that low is it?

:angry:

Discostu

Well... before i sell the car i thought i would have it rolling roaded to see how much power she has. So saturday i attended a rolling road day at PowerStation near Gloucester with PSOOC.

The figures:

231.3bhp @ 6015rpm

242.2lb/ft @ 4610rpm

A graph here:

http://www.ashlyn.plus.com/rrday/j2gck.pdf

And a vid here:

th_RollingRoad.jpg

Edited by Discostu

Stu

Just read through the thread from start to finish, awesome car mate!

Out of interest, what mods has it got to make 230bhp? Does it torque steer much?

bales

I am astonished by those power figures, you must have a different turbo or have modded that as the peak power is at 6k rpm, the standard engine peaks at about 5k rpm from what I can remember.

I take it that is also running some serious boost, must be at least a bar minimum I would have thought for those figures?

If it is the standard turbo I am amazed that it can even generate those figures!!