• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig f90

205 2.0 Turbo Project 2007 Questions

craig f90

Well, ive finally been out in mine, my mate an i have been out in it when it (vss) wasn't lived. today i conneceted it and its made no difference to the performance. Hilgie has said in another post it controls fueling. I have studied the haynes, it says it is a vital part, But it is vauge on its purporse. Ive also read that the gti-6 converters dont use it. Who knows what its for? i dont. :lol::) I can understand why Ant needed his. ;) Nice work Ant, by the way.

EDIT: it is a (VSS)

Edited by craig f90

Guest am_i_mad?

I think i'll just wrap my red wire up with some black tape so i never see it again. lol

got mine boosting to 0.4 bar now but it fluctuates between 0.3 and 0.4. Apexi AVCR going in this weekend plus have got some 3in exhaust pipe arriveing sat....just need a backbox to fit lol.

Currently running a cossie 4wd intercooler. It's massive. sticks out the front like a pedestrian ankle breaker. Want to get a slimline one to put under the bumper but no idea where to get one from and how much. What have you guys used?

Jamie

1bar here i come.

sonofsam
Well, ive finally been out in mine, my mate an i have been out in it when it (vss) wasn't lived. today i conneceted it and its made no difference to the performance. Hilgie has said in another post it controls fueling. I have studied the haynes, it says it is a vital part, But it is vauge on its purporse. Ive also read that the gti-6 converters dont use it. Who knows what its for? i dont. :);) I can understand why Ant needed his. ;) Nice work Ant, by the way.

EDIT: it is a (VSS)

How's it driving Craig, enjoying the boooost ! :D

Well done BTW ;)

@ am_i_mad? - http://www.student.kun.nl/p.oonincx/Intercooler.html , MR2 coolers are nice and slim :P

craig f90

Hi, sonosam. :)

Ive been out in it a few times now. and enjoyed it to the full. Booost is awesome :D If any one asked, id say do it, if not for the fun of driving, but the fun of learning about your pug. Gear changes are spot on, i had to do the same as you with the ball joint on the linkage. There is no fouling on anything, in fact i think the car is much better to drive than it was with the 1.6 in it. No stalling and looking like i can't drive :D a few things are bugging me though. :) mainly the heat under the bonnet. Crikey it gets rather hot under there. :lol: The brand new speedo cable decided to expire on saturday and the fuel gauge is inacurate. 1/4 tank with the ignition off. Gotta be the sender. Niggles, niggles, niggles to keep me busy. But as far as the conversion goes, happy days!!!

If im honest i dont think i could have done it with out your help/advice. In fact sam, i know i'd still be scratching my head swearing at it until i threw the towel in. It's thanks to You and the guys on the forum and of course my mate leighton ( he wont be reading this, he's probably on a german car forum somewhere) Thankyou so much.

And i hope to keep in touch via the forum ;) Although i will always be posting silly questions??? and i hope to create a story on my cars life since its been with me (8 years!!), soon.

Im crap with engines, wires and computers so bear with me on that.

craig f90
I think i'll just wrap my red wire up with some black tape so i never see it again. lol

got mine boosting to 0.4 bar now but it fluctuates between 0.3 and 0.4. Apexi AVCR going in this weekend plus have got some 3in exhaust pipe arriveing sat....just need a backbox to fit lol.

Currently running a cossie 4wd intercooler. It's massive. sticks out the front like a pedestrian ankle breaker. Want to get a slimline one to put under the bumper but no idea where to get one from and how much. What have you guys used?

Jamie

1bar here i come.

I wish i could help you with the red wire. But i havent a clue, sorry.

Ahh, yes the 4wd cossie cooler is huge!! im using a 2wd one. still had to cut 3" out of my non standard front bumper to get it back on. As Sonosam says a mr two one seems your best option. In someones post ive added a few ive noticed at work. landrover freelander, new shape transit and the l rover defenders. Personally i think £300 odd is alot for a i/c that are cheap on e-bay and the trusty scrap yard.

my exhaust is 2.5" stainless. i cheated, my mate works at demon-tweeks so he arranged it to be powerflowed. (Nice job too!) the back box is just a aftermarket 205 specific box. So its up to you really? i'd imagine a standard box would be, again restrictive?

Edited by craig f90

sonofsam
Hi, sonosam. :)

Ive been out in it a few times now. and enjoyed it to the full. Booost is awesome :D If any one asked, id say do it, if not for the fun of driving, but the fun of learning about your pug. Gear changes are spot on, i had to do the same as you with the ball joint on the linkage. There is no fouling on anything, in fact i think the car is much better to drive than it was with the 1.6 in it. No stalling and looking like i can't drive :D a few things are bugging me though. :) mainly the heat under the bonnet. Crikey it gets rather hot under there. :lol: The brand new speedo cable decided to expire on saturday and the fuel gauge is inacurate. 1/4 tank with the ignition off. Gotta be the sender. Niggles, niggles, niggles to keep me busy. But as far as the conversion goes, happy days!!!

If im honest i dont think i could have done it with out your help/advice. In fact sam, i know i'd still be scratching my head swearing at it until i threw the towel in. It's thanks to You and the guys on the forum and of course my mate leighton ( he wont be reading this, he's probably on a german car forum somewhere) Thankyou so much.

And i hope to keep in touch via the forum ;) Although i will always be posting silly questions??? and i hope to create a story on my cars life since its been with me (8 years!!), soon.

Im crap with engines, wires and computers so bear with me on that.

Glad to be of service my friend, if only everyone was as apreciative as you! Aye the management is a diamond. Does get hot yes, atleast mine used too :D

Speak soon Mate.

Sam.

craig f90

Hi sam :lol: .

I have seen your louvred bonnet, great idea. Looks :) too. Im gonna have to start saving :lol: Could i be a pain and ask if you heat wrapped your exhaust manifold? Its just that i have changed the speedo cable (AGAIN) and the flippin thing lasted 22 miles :( Im contemplating on thermal insulating the next one. (cable No 3) well if im honest the majority of components are getting hot. Its the only thing that is bugging me at the moment.

Now, where does mum keep the bako foil? :lol:

sonofsam

Hey Craig, my exhaust manifold is not wrapped no, it does still have the metal heatshield though, but I know what you mean about the speedo cable!

Mine wobbles like fook under thirty, anything over and its fine :) but it is resting and melting on the mani heat sheild! Options mate yes you could baco it or buy a longer one and route it differently, dont know wich model cable is longer but im sure there is one available?! or yes thermal jacket and lube to death

the next one. One of the jobs I have to do also,lol.

craig f90

Thanks for that sam. Now i know im not the only one. Ive moveved it higher and closer towards the bulkhead. Making sure its not twisted. It seems to have done the trick. Ive now got some cool tape as its adhesive and fibreglass reinforced. Should do the job :rolleyes: But i might get a cable out of a 405 or BX when im next down the scrappy just to compare the speedo clock end and VSS end. Id only asume their longer. Ill let everyone know how i get on, it must be another conversion issue.

Cheers for reading

craig :)

rex

Well done Craig for getting it done :)

craig f90
Well done Craig for getting it done :)

Thanks rex. Its not quite finished yet(are peugeot projects ever finished?), but shes on the road. just niggles to sort as they appear. :lol::lol:;) But its safe and very drivable :D

How close are you rex? Yours must be very near now.

rex

How close?

Uhm...closer. :) Saxo P/S pump finally turned up today.......

craig f90
How close?

Uhm...closer. :) Saxo P/S pump finally turned up today.......

YIPEE!!! Nice one rex. :lol: Hope the pump works out for you.

craig f90

Ive done a search honest!! Im planning on fitting a boost gauge to my 2.0t because it would be nice. I was hoping to find how to plumb it in and which ones everyone recommends? Search just keeps bringing up random answers to my questions :D

thanks,

craig.

sonofsam

Yo Craig :D

Couple of places you can 'Tee' into for the gauge, like the MAP sensor pipe off to the ECU, or

that thin pipe that goes between the small silver round thingy below the fuel rail

to the TB, or there maybe a spare nipple on the side of the inlet manifold.

Sam.

craig f90

Hello sam,

Easy as that? crikey. I'll take a look at it tomorow see wheres easily accessable. Ive been offered a superchip which was on the 406 before i bought it. Are they worthwhile or troublesome. The price fitted is a total bargain. (my mates old car you see. :)

I hope your well?

Sign in to follow this