• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

[engine_work] Mi16 Turbo Sleeper In The Making

Batfink

this thread is gay without vids :blush:

hows it drive with the low compression? Is off-boost lacking? Whats the next stage?

JR20516V
Haha love all the fully uk comments. The way this 205 comes on boost is just soo much fun. You cant but help being in the car, imagine the engine is in the back, the car has 4wd and a widebody kit :blush: John where do you get your tarox stuff from, I really want to get some g88's.

Hey James.......how is the V6 205 coming along.? Tarox G88 are great discs i have found but are hard to get in this country. The only way me thinks is to get them from the UK OR Hong Kong

JR20516V

Batfink.

The low compression has not affected the driving at all which is unusual. Boost comes on around 2500 rpm so you are never too far from warpspeed. :blush:

One has to feather the throttle to get a smooth drive in first gear otherwise its traction bye byes. lol

Off boost she is like a kitten.

The next stage has not been thought of really......i am happy with the way it is right now. It has kept its driveability/ reliability/economy and hopefully longevity by not going overboard with boost/big turbo's etc etc.

At times one gets used to the boost and thinks about winding it up some more but this will only lead to heartache i believe....driveshafts can only handle so much torque and altho it has gone to 400 bhp easy the temps quickly rise at the first hint of prolonged use. its a small engine bay after all isnt it.

Goliath

pig205.jpg

What wheels are these and where can they be bought from? I love them!

JR20516V

All i know is that they are Ronal brand and were perfect fit for 205's....correct offset etc. You may have to google them. That style has been around for a few years and may now be out of production ?? However i did see another set come up on Fleabay a year or 2 ago.

Sorry cant help you anymore.

JR20516V

update: 6 pots now added.

Weight of car reduced slightly again to 720 kg. :blush:

TT205

Any trackday video ;)

JR20516V
Any trackday video :wub:

Its only a blur on the video !!............lol

No really.... i dont have a vidcam and if i did i wouldnt know how to post it up.

if i do it from a mobile phone....how does one post it up??

swinisskill

video would be cool... you could post it up on youtube?

JR20516V

Latest update.

Had a chance to get her to the quarter mile [it is actually set up for the track and not straight line stuff ] and wasnt impressed with my first run. 14.2 yikes !! :wub:

Albeit i was only doing traffic light starts to get that time so upped the ante and went for a 2000 rpm launch and got a 13.8. [boost comes in at 2500 ]

Still not happy and expected more. So tried a 3000 rpm launch and fluked a 13.35

Starting to get the hang of this and i can see what all the fuss is for.

Final run was 12.8 which i was very happy with. Track temp from memory was 24C

Be interesting to see what time it would do with correct tyres onboard.??

Tom Fenton

Thats certainly a decent time, I've found you will make a decent improvement by limiting the boost pressure in the lower gears e.g. 1st and 2nd, then let it have full boost in the higher gears.

What were your 60ft times as these are a good indication of how you are doing getting it off the line.

JR20516V
Thats certainly a decent time, I've found you will make a decent improvement by limiting the boost pressure in the lower gears e.g. 1st and 2nd, then let it have full boost in the higher gears.

What were your 60ft times as these are a good indication of how you are doing getting it off the line.

Hey Tom,

Yes, what you say above is what i have done....limiting boost in early gears was the way to go to save driveline stress etc. first gear is very mild.

60ft time wasnt flash from memory....around 2.2 or 2.3 I would have to find the slips somewhere and check.

Traction wasnt a problem....driver ability was !! LOl

taylorspug

12.8 is absolutely shunting for a FWD road car- well done!

JR20516V

Thanx for the heads up Taylorspug. There is probably another second in it if i used proper drag tyres however that is getting away from the street/track car that it is.

There were much quicker FWD cars than me tho....one in particular was a Suzuki Swift turbo....lowish 10's. yikes

Ron_Jaegers
update: 6 pots now added.

Weight of car reduced slightly again to 720 kg. :lol:

It's an insane car! Very cool, lots of inspiration for my build. But how the hell did you get it this light? Think I am really happy with getting it to 780 kg's. There is a difference in engine; I am using the XU10 iron lump but then there is still a lot of difference left.

JR20516V

Being a series 1 Ron makes it lighter for a start. Your motor wouldnt help either. Cant say much more really....i had it on the Govt scales so i know she is correct. I still have the red carpet into which weighs abit. :blush:

gerry

awesome car John just wish i had the coin to buy it :blush:

Good luck with the sale ;)