• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eu_andreiutz

1.9 Swaping A 1.1 In A Cj 205

eu_andreiutz

That would help ....thanks.:D

eu_andreiutz

Thanks for that....any idea on how gunsons fault code reader it`s made?

I don't think getting the fault code reader to work will tell you why you have no fuel or spark.The tester I have has only two wires & is connected with the flat blade connector to pin A on the plug & the other wire has a crocodile clip thats goes to earth & a switch to turn the tester on & off.

How are they all connected? can u find out please!!

Thanks and sorry if I bother you :)

Edited by eu_andreiutz

pug_ham
How are they all connected? can u find out please!!
How are all what connected?

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

I meant how it`s made.....the wiring of the code reader....

Are they connected just like mine?

pug_ham
I meant how it`s made.....the wiring of the code reader....

Are they connected just like mine?

No, they don't use the battery for any power. Basically the tester I have is a wire to a switch that fits into Pin A on teh diagnostic plug, an LED & a wire to connect to an earth point from there (I use the suspension mounting). See attached picture.
The tester I have has only two wires & is connected with the flat blade connector to pin A on the plug & the other wire has a crocodile clip thats goes to earth & a switch to turn the tester on & off.

The method to extract any codes without any code reader & just by earthing pin A on the diagnostic plug is here taken fropm this post

Graham.

post-71-1181524664.jpg

eu_andreiutz

Thanks Graham :)

eu_andreiutz

OK, so I started to fidle with the car.

No spark yet.....12v is at the coil...strange.

The tachymetric relay doesn`t click either....the ecu doesn`t send the - for it.

Also I didn`t find out where to link the two cut wires.

One is pin 16 and the other one it`s pin 5 from the ECU.

I also have a grey one from the tachy relay and I linked it to the grey one I found cut near it(pin 5 from the ECU I think)

http://www.99poze.ro/205_1_9_Cti/4/,

but the orange one it`s still free:http://www.99poze.ro/205_1_9_Cti/1/

Also I don`t know what this thingie is for: http://www.99poze.ro/205_1_9_Cti/3/

Edited by eu_andreiutz

eu_andreiutz

91 - inj.valve control ? What does this mean?

Edited by eu_andreiutz

eu_andreiutz

Also I get codes 92,93,94 and I can`t find them anywhere...

HELP!

Edited by eu_andreiutz

pug_ham
The tachymetric relay doesn`t click either....the ecu doesn`t send the - for it.

The ecu doesn't supply the negative for the relay. Neither of those two relays are directly connected to earth.

Also I didn`t find out where to link the two cut wires.

One is pin 16 and the other one it`s pin 5 from the ECU.

The wire from pin 5 on the ecu plug should run to the Evaporative Emissions purge valve plug & the wire from pin 16 goes to the injectors for #1 & 2 cylinders.
I also have a grey one from the tachy relay and I linked it to the grey one I found cut near it(pin 5 from the ECU I think)

http://www.99poze.ro/205_1_9_Cti/4/,

but the orange one it`s still free:http://www.99poze.ro/205_1_9_Cti/1/

Have you found where the other end of the orange wire is? That might help finding its true location. I'd also disconnect the grey wire join you've made & find where the wire you've connect it goes to first. That pin on the tachymetric relay is fed directly from the battery distribution block with a permanent 12v supply by the yellow wire
Also I don`t know what this thingie is for: http://www.99poze.ro/205_1_9_Cti/3/
Injection coding resistor.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

I finaly got the schematics for the XU9JAZ engine and found out that the grey wire goes into the injection coding resistor, ok done that.

The cut orange wire goes to the injectors and to the orange wire on the engine relay...and when ignition is on it has 12 v on it, so i guess it should activate the evaporative emisions purge valve- the cut grey wire.

When I put the ignition on, the ECU sends 12v on wire 20c(orange)...to the tachy relay....I know it should send 0-1 v for a couple of seconds (for the fuel pump to prime) and the 12v....I don`t know what the ECU is thinking.

Still geting 91,92,93,94 trouble codes from the ECU...

Code 91 - Inj.control valve, what does this mean?where can i find this?

This is the manual for 405 and all the engine schematics:

205 405 Manual pdf

Edited by eu_andreiutz

eu_andreiutz

no spark and the ecu is getting hot, with the ignition on.

eu_andreiutz

sorry, i meant with the ignition OFF....

The ecu doesn`t seem to send the 5V for the airflow meter...;so i guess it`s broken....any ideas?

pug_ham

The ecu shouldn't be getting hot with the ignition off, are the loom earths connected correctly?

Check the wiring completes the circuit from the ecu plug to the afm plug, if not then the ecu might be faulty.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

Yes the Ecu is getting hot with the ignition off....the earth is ok, all 3 wires.

Seems it`s getting hot only when I connect the middle pin from the main relay, the one that tells the Ecu that the ignition is off ... weird.

The guys from peugeot told me that the ecu is faulty, so now I`m searching for another one that works.

The wires to the afm are ok....I measured the afm 5v at the ECU plug.

Edited by eu_andreiutz

eu_andreiutz

I also found out that the ecu gives me the error codes with the ignition off.

With the ignition on it doesn`t give me enything.....is there something wrong in here?

pug_ham
I also found out that the ecu gives me the error codes with the ignition off.

With the ignition on it doesn`t give me enything.....is there something wrong in here?

Yes, from reading the how to read codes guide attached earlier you should read any codes with the ignition on but the engine not running.

IMO it shouldn't have any power for displaying the codes, with the ignition off you shouldn't get anything from it.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

The XU9JAZ injection schematics shows that the ecu should have power with the ignition off...butthis is only a confirmation for the ecu.

The fact that it gives me the codes means there is something wrong....but where?

Edited by eu_andreiutz

pug_ham

The ecu is permanently powered from the shunt box but I didn't think the codes could be read without the ignition on. Any car I've tried to read the codes on didn't do anything until the ignition was switched on.

What have you done with regards to fitting the XU9JAZ M1.3 loom into your car? Maybe you connected something up wrongly.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

Well....the guy at the peugeot service said that everything looks good...the wiring and all.

So I don`t know what the feck is wrong in here.

Let`s say the ecu is damaged....should it give the codes? or it should give the code for the damaged ecu?

pug_ham

Who did the wiring changes, you or the Peugeot service guy?

Everything can look fine but if you made a wrong connection it won't work.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

I did the wiring just like the schematics....the peugeot service guy did check it.

And there is another thing....I got the autodata ecu plug.

I have there everything including what voltage should be with the ignition on and off....and everythnig seems ok.

I removed the middle pin from the main relay....the one that sends 12v to the ecu with the ignition off and the ecu doesn`t get hot anymore with the ignition off....doesn`t give me the codes also.

I checked it to see if it`s ok and it seems that the wire should be there.

I don`t know what to do.

pug_ham

Which relay are you considering the main control relay?

Looking at the wiring diagram, the only wire's I can seen are from pin 3 to the tachymetiric relay but that is an ecm switched earth, pin 36 & 37 to the injection supply relay.

Looking at my autodata I see that pin 36 has 12v with the ignition off switching to 0-1v with igniton on (its an ecu switched earth) & pin 37 sends 12v to the ecu with the ignition on.

I don't know if it will make a difference but are you using the right relays?

Graham.

Sign in to follow this