• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eu_andreiutz

1.9 Swaping A 1.1 In A Cj 205

eu_andreiutz

Inlet mounted.....

It`s the original wire...and it goes to the coil first....you are right, my bad.

Edited by eu_andreiutz

eu_andreiutz

So my problems are:

1. the haynes is wrong so all I do from now on are with pin 37 linked to pin 27 like the autodata cd.

2. the injectors are open when I put the ignition on and flood the cilinders.

3. there is no spark....only when I take the ignition off there is one spark.

Any new ideas.....say what you would do if you were in my place.

eu_andreiutz

I have spoken with the service "chief" at peugeot and he told me to get an internal wiring scheme of the ECU.

He suspects the injector tranzistors are burnt and told me to go to an electronist to change them.

Please if someone has the internal wiring of a Motronic ECU post it here or a link to it.

Thanks.

pug_ham

Pin 27 should be connected to the ignition amp, that could be why you have no spark.

Do you know that the ignition amp you have works?

If the injectors are firing why you have the ignition switched on there is a problem somewhere with the ecu imo, they should only fire when the engine is being turned over or running afaik.

If I were you I'd either look for a replacement wiring loom that is from a working car you can test before removing it or look at wiring a different after market ecu instead.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz
i don't know if this will help, but take a look anyway :).

Thanks....I had that on my computer but I can`t find it....thanks again

Pin 27 should be connected to the ignition amp, that could be why you have no spark.

Do you know that the ignition amp you have works?

If the injectors are firing why you have the ignition switched on there is a problem somewhere with the ecu imo, they should only fire when the engine is being turned over or running afaik.

If I were you I'd either look for a replacement wiring loom that is from a working car you can test before removing it or look at wiring a different after market ecu instead.

Graham.

Graham sorry for my my english....I meant that the wire is there like you said....like the wiring schematic.

I am looking for an electronist and hopefully i will replace the transistor soon.

Thanks for now, I will be back with more news.

pug_ham

Isn't this the second ecu you've tried?

I'll be very surprised if the transistors are blown inside the ecu, I've never heard of it before anyway unless it has been caused by a wiring problem & voltage has been going into the ecu on the wrong pin.

I've attached the pages from the Haynes manual I have been l;ooking at whilst trying to find your problem. They are taken from the same 405 service 7 repair manual that you posted a link to earlier in this topic.

Good luck with the on going search for the problem.

Graham.

405_XU9JAZ_M1.3.pdf

eu_andreiutz
I'll be very surprised if the transistors are blown inside the ecu, I've never heard of it before anyway unless it has been caused by a wiring problem & voltage has been going into the ecu on the wrong pin.

I've attached the pages from the Haynes manual I have been l;ooking at whilst trying to find your problem. They are taken from the same 405 service 7 repair manual that you posted a link to earlier in this topic.

Good luck with the on going search for the problem.

Graham.

I don`t know what to say.

I supose that you are right about the cause of the blown transistors.

I can`t find another cause for the injectors to remain open when I put the ignition on.

Thanks.

Andrei

P.s. This are the suspected transistors.:

http://www.99poze.ro/integrate/

eu_andreiutz

Went to the electronist.....seems that the injector integrated circuit is kinda blown.

Unfortunately I cannot find this integrated circuit to replace....it has on it just a manufacturers code.

I`m now looking for a XU9JAZ owner that has the motronic 1.3 injection and tachyrelay with only 5 pins...not the 7 pin type.

And off course a new ECU....:wub:

0261200160 model number.

eu_andreiutz

I`m back.

Found an Ecu on ebay ...hope to win soon.

Can ayone help me and measure between pin 19 -15 and 19-16 and tell me what the resistance is?

Thanks.

eu_andreiutz

I`m back.....without any new things to say.

I did win on ebay but I can`t get to the owner of the ecu so ......

Can someone help me and measure the resistance between the injector pin`s on the ECU plug and help me with this?

Thanks

Andrei

cybernck

i'll try to do it for you.

eu_andreiutz

Do you have the XU9JAZ engine with the motronic 1.3 injection?

If you do, can you take a picture of the relay thinghie?....I have there 2 cut wires and I don`t know where they should go....I`m suposing there should Thanks for the help.

andrei

cybernck

yep, that's the one.

do you mean the yellow (tachymetric) relay near the ECU?

eu_andreiutz

yes, and the things near it....do you have a 5 or 7 pin tachy relay?

pug_ham

They should be five pin relays.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

Should I be looking only for the same ecu? or I can fit another ecu.... mine is a 0260200160....can i fit a 158 or 162?

eu_andreiutz

I found an ecu with this number: 0 280 000 259

Any ideas if it will work?

pug_ham

Not 100% certain but looking at some ecu numbers;

• 309 GTi 1.9 litre 8 Valve 88-91 Bosch Motronic 1.3 0 261 200 162
  • 205 GTi 1.9 litre 8 Valve 87-90 Bosch Motronic 1.3 0 261 200 160
  • ZX 1.9 litre Cat 91 on Bosch Motronic 1.3 0 261 200 160

They all have the same management system & engine code as you are using (XU9JA/L DKZ) so the ecu should be Ok on your car.

Graham.

eu_andreiutz

Thanks Graham,

Andrei

eu_andreiutz

Hello,

I just found an XU9JA - D6B engine, 1.9 K-jetronic injection......can I swap the injections? What diferences are between them?

What parts do I have to change?

Mine is a 1.9 motronic DKZ engine

Edited by eu_andreiutz

Rob_the_Sparky

Are you sure? Sounds more like a LE2-Jetronic engine, pug never used K-Jet as far as I'm aware - sorry not been following this thread so can't really advise on your question.

eu_andreiutz

Well....that`s what the owner said.

He`s a pretty good mechanic so i guess he knows the engine.

Also I found on www.205gti.com some schematics for the k-jet engines.

cybernck

leave that alone, just get a replacement Motronic ECU!

here are the pics of the relay i promised (actually took them a couple of days ago but forgot about it ;)):

post-4-1193181526_thumb.jpg

post-4-1193181536_thumb.jpg

eu_andreiutz

Unfortunatelly I can`t find a replacement ECU so this makes me more interested in swaping the injections, and having the problems I have with this injection(and probably other problems with the wiring) it seems to be the best ideea. This is also because he can give me anything I need from the engine.....he swapped the 1.9 with a 2.0turbo from a bx I think, and wants to sell the old one.

Hopefully today I am going to get the number of my friends ecu and see what kind of injection it has.

I`ll be back with more info on this.

Cybernck what kind of ecu do you have? 0261200160?

If yes then can you measure the resistance between pin 16-19 and 17-19 ? Also can you tell me when you have 12v on pin 37 and 36?(with the ignition off or on)

Sign in to follow this