• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul_portsmouth

Strut Braces

V8Pete
A 205 doesn't have rear struts, because it has a rear torsion beam instead. So no need for a rear strut brace :ph34r:

Lol, I've seen a rear 'strut' brace on a 306. No idea what it attaches to.

picspug.jpg

pete1986

Where is a good place to get some group N top mounts?

mogsman

I took my top brace off. Not sure if I will refit it as it has stripped part of the threads of the bolts holding it on.

Ian

pug_ham
Where is a good place to get some group N top mounts?

BakerBM.com

You also get a forum discount through Stew if you mention you are a member of this forum. :D

Check the group buys, bargains & discounts section for full info.

Graham.

GLPoomobile
The E-tech style ones?

Look a bit bendy to be of any use to me.

I was sure I'd seen a topic on these braces before so I've just searched and found my answer. Quite a few of the regulars including Dreamweaver have these braces and say they are OK.

I'm no engineer, but surely it won't make much difference if there is a slightly greater percentage of flex in the bar compared to, for example, a steel OMP one? Because once the brace is fitted and adjusted correctly, any forces acting on it will surely be laterally, i.e it will be under tension or compression. Surely the element of flex would only be if there was vertical load applied to the brace, but I can;t see that happening. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Physics and material properties could comment on this.

Anyway, it's for a road car so hardly matters. I'll get flamed for saying this, but I actually only want a strut brace for the reasons in this order - handy to lean on when working under the bonnet B) , looks nice :o and <may> help handling ;) My Mi has an Omp one already but it fouls the bonnet so Ijust want to replace it with one that won't, and these eBay ones seem to fit the bill. I doubt I'll notice any difference in performance, but if I do I'll report back. ;)

Edited by GLPoomobile

number2301
Lol, I've seen a rear 'strut' brace on a 306. No idea what it attaches to.

picspug.jpg

I've seen similar in a Mk 1 Clio, apparently they welded plates in the inner arches for it to mount to. Bizarre.

Sign in to follow this