• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest chownr

Best Tyres?

Guest ScoobyJawa

Not sure mate - 185 55 15 are around 60-65 I think, I bought 195 50 15 and they were 50 each fitted, but you can pick them up for less. Try some of the online places :ph34r:

Superb tyres though guys - you WILL NOT be dissapointed and IMHO well worth the cash :D

Guest puggti

he he think i can get them for £30 from me dad!!! :-)

fiji bob

bit late but i totally agrree with the comments on f1 tyres im using a pair on the back and a520`s on the front which really highlighted the difference in wet weather grip yesterday when i was chasing someone down my favourite bit of local road the front felt like it was loosing grip most of the time the back felt fine

fiji bob

oh yes my brother had his mondeo on 2 wheels going round a roundabout with 205 i think f1 tyres on so that should give you an idea of the kind of grip you can get from the tyres

Guest lex

I've got Yoko A048R tyres on mine. The grip is awesome. Probably a bit of overkill (both price and wear rate) for a daily road car though :ph34r:

Guest doogz

I'd recommend the F1's, i've put a set on mine and the grip is just silly, even in the wet.

Allan W

just to stick my 2pence worth in, on mytyres.net check the test results section for tyres.

If you are bothered about wet weather performance, cos lets face it most tyres of a simalar price perform simalarly in the dry, but can vary wildy in wet weather performance,

Check these out, Uniroyal RainSport 1, cheap too.

I can also recommend toyo proxies, reasonable in the wet and have a scan about on the web for tyre reviews found couple of god ones for the uniroyals, I am gonna give em a go on my Mi16 309

Miles used the proxies on his race car!

Guest puggti

ok i have been quoted £180 including fittin and all the rest for the eagle f1's 195 50 15!

Is that an ok price??

Guest ScoobyJawa

yep 45 each is about right inc fitting.

:ph34r:

BTW - give them a good 500-1k miles to scrub in, then the grip goes mental :D

Guest puggti

k, i though me dad was gonna get me some discount!! Seems not!!

Guest ScoobyJawa
:D bummer - there is always the option of divorce :ph34r::D LMAO

Guest puggti

Well im gettin my car on these Tyres on Monday so i hope it will be ok!! My trackin is sooo out at the moment too so ill need to get that done, shall i just pop down Kwik Fit?

Guest ScoobyJawa

Tyre place should be able to do it - failing that Kwik Fit I suppose, though of all those sorts of companies they would be my last choice!

C_W

I've had mine tracked at Peugeot twice before now at £15 a go but I think I haggled!!!

Guest C_F

Michelin Pilot Exaltos are the best valu 4 money and performance!

look great too!

Edited by C_F

Sign in to follow this