• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris 417 mi

[engine_work] Mi16 Engine Bay Tidy & New Head Fit !

chris 417 mi

cheers mate :) , ive managed to rope a mate (richie-van-gti cheers matey ;) ) into helping get this sorted so hopefully it could be on course for refitting again soon :D

got any pics of yours ?? oh ans use a steam lance if you can, would of made mine a loit easier to get off

Richie-Van-GTi

no probs chris, should have it in by monday all being well :)

jas-E
got any pics of yours ?? oh ans use a steam lance if you can, would of made mine a loit easier to get off

I have been taking pics as i make progress, and will stick up afew once i have cleaned it up. A before and after pic.

At work we have an engine degreaser tank which i was planning to use. Hopefully that should clean everything off it and i wont have to use any steam cleaners because im not sure where i can get hold of one from. Will give it a shot just using the tank and maybe leaing it soaked over night and see how that goes.

Will post up pictures soon.

Cheers

chris 417 mi

quick update, engine is all timed up , belts on and just awaiting a few ancilliaries bolting back on and its ready to go back in :)

post-7995-1181239585_thumb.jpg

post-7995-1181239608_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris 417 mi

chris 417 mi

few more update pics from today :

post-7995-1181332135_thumb.jpg

finally ready to be refitted into the bay :)

post-7995-1181332144_thumb.jpg

richie van gti & tim (just out of pic ) gettin motor sorted for refittment

chris 417 mi

new clutch fitted then box mated back to engine !

post-7995-1181332356_thumb.jpg

and how she looks for today ! gotta get the silicon hose kit ordered now and wont be too far off finishing !!

post-7995-1181332402_thumb.jpg

Banjo

You didn't paint that starter or alternator up! Looking good tho! :)

Bit of advice... I'd loose the brown multiplug and just through crimp the wires so much better, and make sure the starter motor/gearbox bolts have not got paint under them or your starter/engine wont have an earth and run a good new earth to the gearbox and car made a good difference on mine.

Gd luck!

Ben

Richie-Van-GTi

Damn I need a haircut :P

Shouldnt be any issues with gearbox earth, the box was painted before it was removed last time and everything worked.

chris 417 mi

yup was all fine before it came out ..but being french something is bound to go wrong :D

prob will paint alternator & starter at a later date when i have both hands back in use :P

Edited by chris 417 mi

chris 417 mi

Couple more update pics from today :

post-7995-1182712913_thumb.jpg

New baker bushes hoses from miles in ! :blush:

post-7995-1182712925_thumb.jpg

And from the front :o

post-7995-1182712949_thumb.jpg

almost looking like a car again :D

Richie-Van-GTi

This thread needs an update Chris :)

chris 417 mi

Yeah i suppose but i can be bothered to go and get some pics as its too cold :lol:

Needless to say it was finished in time for fcs and has since been correctly mapped after the first 'mapping session' which was very disappointing :)

Drives well, pulls well and has apparently just shy of 190 bhp at the fly (the next rolling road day will give a slightly closer figure), all that needs to be sorted is the lower compression issue with pot 3. But that can wait till summer when its warmer :lol: