• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Best Spark Plugs? And Gap

Beastie
They are a projected core design, which means the spark is closer to the chamber centre. So, aiding combustion.

Are you *sure* that's the case? Where is the quench (squish) area on your cylinder head? Where do the spark plug electrodes need to be relative to this area? Does the standard plug fall short of this ideal? Does the projected core design meet the carefully caluclated criteria? :rolleyes:

saveloy
Are you *sure* that's the case? Where is the quench (squish) area on your cylinder head? Where do the spark plug electrodes need to be relative to this area? Does the standard plug fall short of this ideal? Does the projected core design meet the carefully caluclated criteria? :)

Yes. The same as on any engine, generally. Closer to the projected core plug centre. Most probably. More likely than the standard plugs.

Craigb, a larger gap means a larger jump for the spark, and hence a larger spark. This means greater energy and therefore better combustion. Other effects of this are a better idle and fewer mis - fires.

pug_ham
i think £25 for the last set i bought
;):o

Last set of NGK's i got were 99p each from GSF iirc. (now £1.40 each)

Easy possible reason for the difference between use of BCPR6's & BXCPR7's is engine size. 1.6 takes 6's & 1.9 takes 7's.

Spark plug guide.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this