• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

Standard Exhaust For 200bhp+

mos

had blueflame custom build an exhaust today

its superb in terms of noise

nice deepish note at low speed/lowrevs but on the motorway its so quiet, quieter than the standard walker that used to be on the car when it was a standard 8 valve engine

all i here on the motorway is the roar of the throttle bodies when i acccelerate and road/engine and wind noise at cruise just what i wanted

have not had a chance for a proper look underneath but if its built anything like the one they did on my tt then it will be very good quality/design

the silencers they used were about twice the size of the 10" long ones that were on it from when tube torque completely screwed it up!!!

i have been hounding them for my money back since christmas but they do not answer the phone or return my messages

final straw came when the exhaust fell off again and started blowing from some of the dodgy welds they have done

my advice is steer well clear, thats if they are even still trading!

thanks

mark

maxi
had blueflame custom build an exhaust today

its superb in terms of noise

nice deepish note at low speed/lowrevs but on the motorway its so quiet, quieter than the standard walker that used to be on the car when it was a standard 8 valve engine

all i here on the motorway is the roar of the throttle bodies when i acccelerate and road/engine and wind noise at cruise just what i wanted

have not had a chance for a proper look underneath but if its built anything like the one they did on my tt then it will be very good quality/design

the silencers they used were about twice the size of the 10" long ones that were on it from when tube torque completely screwed it up!!!

i have been hounding them for my money back since christmas but they do not answer the phone or return my messages

final straw came when the exhaust fell off again and started blowing from some of the dodgy welds they have done

my advice is steer well clear, thats if they are even still trading!

thanks

mark

Mark, how does the car drive/feel now with new pipe on??? Shame it wasnt mapped with the new pipe on there.

Maxi

mos
Mark, how does the car drive/feel now with new pipe on??? Shame it wasnt mapped with the new pipe on there.

Maxi

maxi,

feels the same, not noticed any difference other than the noise

both exhausts were the same internal diameter and straight through silencers so i think flow through the two exhausts is about the same

the only real difference between the two is the silencers on the new system are huge compared to the old system and of cousr the old one is very poorly constructed

in fact the car is so quiet now i am considering changing the gearbox from the 1.9 i am currently running to the 1.6 one i have which i think will probably suit the engine better

anyone concur with this?

the reason i have not used the 1.6 box originally is its too noisy on my 8v running carbs with a full magnex on the motorway but this car is now far quieter than that one as well you honestly can only really hear road/tyre/wind noise at cruise at 70ish just what i wanted

the throttle bodies are the only noise on acceleration but the exhaust has a nice note at idle and low engine speeds its better than i hoped and pretty much the same as the one they did for my tt which sounded much better at idle around town but was quieter than standard on the motorway, in that car all you could here was the turbo spooling up and the diverter valve seem to be top notch blueflame i will be getting under the car at the weekend to check the build quality but so far so good!

thanks

mark

Edited by mos

maxi
maxi,

feels the same, not noticed any difference other than the noise

both exhausts were the same internal diameter and straight through silencers so i think flow through the two exhausts is about the same

the only real difference between the two is the silencers on the new system are huge compared to the old system and of cousr the old one is very poorly constructed

in fact the car is so quiet now i am considering changing the gearbox from the 1.9 i am currently running to the 1.6 one i have which i think will probably suit the engine better

anyone concur with this?

the reason i have not used the 1.6 box originally is its too noisy on my 8v running carbs with a full magnex on the motorway but this car is now far quieter than that one as well you honestly can only really hear road/tyre/wind noise at cruise at 70ish just what i wanted

the throttle bodies are the only noise on acceleration but the exhaust has a nice note at idle and low engine speeds its better than i hoped and pretty much the same as the one they did for my tt which sounded much better at idle around town but was quieter than standard on the motorway, in that car all you could here was the turbo spooling up and the diverter valve seem to be top notch blueflame i will be getting under the car at the weekend to check the build quality but so far so good!

thanks

mark

Mark, run an mi box mate. I had my car mapped with a mi gearbox, and did various tests with it, then swapped to a 1600 box. It was faster with an mi with less gearchanges and the engine having the grunt to pull the longer 4th and 5th at a spastic rate.

Maxi

mos
Mark, run an mi box mate. I had my car mapped with a mi gearbox, and did various tests with it, then swapped to a 1600 box. It was faster with an mi with less gearchanges and the engine having the grunt to pull the longer 4th and 5th at a spastic rate.

Maxi

maxi

i have been searching some old posts and have come across one which seems to imply you once ran a gti6 box why did you change from that, was it the steering lock issue or something else

thanks

mark

maxi
maxi

i have been searching some old posts and have come across one which seems to imply you once ran a gti6 box why did you change from that, was it the steering lock issue or something else

thanks

mark

Made the car slower (too much time changing gear). You only lose 1/4 turn of right hand lock, nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out.

For an engine of your power and torque run the mi box, trust me.

Maxi

Sign in to follow this