• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazRallye

Strut Braces

GazRallye

Its the strut brace that doesnt fit, its supposed to be for a gti, i am in the process of getting a k&n that sucks in through the sides and is also shorter

stu_woac
if your buying new you can get one that fits the xs perfectly and if you ever put downdrafts on, it will clear them too, but most people will put sidedrafts on the xs as we have plently of room

I dont agree with putting on the gti front frame to improve handling I thing there is easier ways to do this, (but I've put a french rallye subframe on mine, to put 309 arms on for better turn in, on my track car ) but just to improve handling there is easier and maybe cheaper ways

I'm surprised nobody has suggested getting one that actually fits a 1.4 engine and is shaped to go around the carb. Also a lot easier to service the carb without removing the strut brace every time. :lol:

I thought I did

Rippthrough
I'm surprised nobody has suggested getting one that actually fits a 1.4 engine and is shaped to go around the carb. Also a lot easier to service the carb without removing the strut brace every time. :D

Because bent strut braces lose a lot of strength?

Sign in to follow this