• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

[project] 205 Mi32 Project - The Twin Mi16 Engined 205

alien7

Amazing story and crazy project

Cool :)

cybernck

pip470> my final thoughts are that i should have it setup as an FWD drag car,

meaning low and hard front with high and hard rear end. a couple of GAZ GHA

height and rebound adjustable coilovers with 8" 300lbs springs will see to it :).

cybernck

sorry for the looong delay in the story updates, i got a bit too busy at the end of last year,

then early this year we found out that my father has to have a heart bypass surgery done

which definately meant no racing and no real enthusiasm to work on the car and to top it off,

402streetrace series 2008 season has been buggered up from start till the end anyway.

my father had the surgery done last week, he's back home now and recovery goes well,

so we can start thinking about more work on the car, but nothing radical will get done for

the next few months for sure.

as a plus point, 205 Mi32 is featured as a Reader's Project in October's issue of Brittish

Practical Performance Car magazine http://www.ppcmag.co.uk and should be featured

in a few more magazines soon which will definately give us an initiative to carry on with

the project!

in the meantime, i've still got a couple of drag race reports to do, which i'll try to do soon.

thanks for the support and see you again soon ;).

Arahan

Hope all goes well. :)

jimistdt

Best wishes to your old man. You're a good team, hope he enjoys a speedy recovery.

Jimi :)

DrSarty

Knowing you (a little) and how your old man has got stuck into making the Mi32, it wouldn't surprise me if whilst he was being operated on in hospital you didn't take the opportunity to have a few more valves thrown in for good measure. :)

Standby for a sub 10second SQM Dad!

Very sorry to hear about your dad and very happy to hear his surgery was a success. I wish him a 100% recovery.

This has been a number one project and build, the kind most of us can only dream of. Congratulations.

You and your dad are a great team.

cybernck

thanks, he's recovering very well :D.

this his given me an inspiration to continue with the Project and completely finish it off, so watch this space! :lol:

mickie

been an interesting read so far, it'll be good to get some updates, sorry to hear about ya dad, heart bypasses are pretty full on

markd6303

great project, i have watched it on you tube(looks fantastic) . It`s nice to see people tackling big projects , looking forward to some more update`s.

swinisskill

this is awesome, crack on when you can it will be well worth it <_<

SurGie

Hi,

Any updates yet ?

Hows your Dad getting on now ?

Your MI32 is very quick, the thing that puzzles me is, though both the engines are standard and the power is the same

on both sets of wheels, the car moves quick.

How can this happen when both engine's are near enough running the same sort of power, the front wheels are spinning with original

power from the MI as is the rear set of wheels, so how does the car go faster when this is happening ?

For instance,

Say a 150 BHP x2 = 300BHP but surely the car will still only move as quick as the one engine can move it ?

The movement rotating power of both engines surely can still only rotate as much as one engine, so the car will go as quick

as the one engined power, but will have more of a better start due to 4 wheel drive.

I hope i have explained it well enough, its took me a few go's :D

I have seen another project on the net somewhere similar to yours, it had strengthening bars etc for the rear strength, it was a while

ago mind. I didn't notice yours having the same rear strength bars fitted.

GLPoomobile

In simple terms, by doubling the engines, and doubling power and torque, you are halving the effort that is required to move to move the car. Imagine pulling a really heavy trunk on wheels, and you are struggling a bit. Now get a mate to help you pull the trunk. Between you, you'll find it easier to move and will be able to accelerate it quicker.

cybernck

My dad's fine now after the surgery, he's fully recovered.

As GLPoo said, the power and torque are doubled throughout the rev-range (which is great :ph34r:),

with the slight minus of having to pull additional weight.

We haven't done a great deal of work on the car recently, but there are some nice updates and

I've got a more-or-less clear idea of work ahead of us.

Thanks.

cybernck

It was about time I updated this topic, I'm sure you'll agree! ;)

There hasn't been a lot of work done on the car after my father's surgery (he's fully recovered now!),

as we've stopped racing, had more imporant things to take care of and I've gone back into cycling,

which takes up a lot of my time!

However, here's a quick update of some body work - making the rear end of the car nicer and ready

for the 205GTIDrivers.com EuroTrip that happened back in May (full report to follow):

205Mi32_Ph7_100.thumb.jpg

You can find a few photos HERE.

See you again in this topic soon :ph34r:.

Thanks.

cybernck

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the car has also been featured in PSOOC's

(Peugeot Sport Official Owners Club UK) magazine "Torque", a few months ago.

Thanks.

miamistu

Cool, any videos of the races? :)

• Like 1

cybernck

Hello again - here's a prompt update, as promised :rolleyes:.

I've been meaning to create a proper 205 Mi32 website, but whereas I'm still going to make

a "gateway" page for 205Mi32.com, I decided to set up a Facebook fan page, for ease of

maintenance/updating and a more direct contact with people that support the project.

I'm still going to post updates on forums, but I will be delighted to see you become a fan

of 205 Mi32 Project, as I'm currently gathering inspiration to carry on with it. The page

(that won't see updates too often, as you already know :)), can be found here:

205 Mi32 Project Facebook Fan Page

Thanks!

stegti6

SUPERB :(

AJA_GTi

Awesome! :)

superhero
Awesome! :mellow:

I agree, this looks like it's been an amazing project!

bazil_205gti

absolutely brilliant!! :rolleyes:

rallyejames

amazing!