• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S33GAV

New Grp N Exhaust

boombang

Ahl, bear in mind grp N is basically standard - as I have said many times before grp N isn't some magical land of tuning but a heavily restricted class of rallying based around many standard measurements and specifications from the standard car. e.g. the exhaust diameter of grp N is very close if not identical to standard road, must be 95db +/- 1db (so long as engine is grp N also!).

Also with the 205 bear in mind grp N expired almost 10 years ago so people can market what they like as grp N.

However the DES stuff is very good quality and for the price IMHO can't be matched.

Grim.Badger
Grim.Badger - Make sure you have a new gasket in the downpipe to manifold joint and that you have the correct bolts and springs. When putting Gav's together I found the springs to be too short or the bolt too long, depandant on what way you look at it, so did not give enough tension to seal the joint. So in short not the joint should not have any sealant in it.

I've got peugeot OE gasket, springs and bolts; it's the fact that because of a snapped stud the manifold is only attached by 7 studs so can't seal properly :) I would get it fixed but I need to change the whole engine so don't see the point in spending money on the old engine.

Has anyone done any back to back rolling roads tests with the split exhausts vs non split?

Sign in to follow this