• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Pirelli P6000

Sandy

Personally I don't much like them, they can be grippy, but skittish when they let go and not much feedback. They are being discontinued as well, so you might not be able to get a pair next time round.

24seven

Not that bothered tbh. they're virtually new, but the car is only going to be used for track days so they're not gonna last long.

roland rat

get the f1's mate if you can afford it,great tyre!!!! :) i picked up two barely part-worn conti sportcontacts (185/55/15)for a mere £30 off the 'bay.worth checking there to see if any thing else tidy pops up!

Maerten

I like my ZE512's better then the F1's. I owned both.

Falkens are more progressive, especially in the wet.

Both offer great amounts of grip dry or wet.

Give them a try!

Rippthrough
that would make sense as I have a set on my 205 and I think they are OK tyres, I've had toyos and eagle f1s and they aren't as good as them but they are not that much worse and certainly aren't dangerous as some people have said.

I only bought them because they were VERY cheap, someone was upgrading the alloys on a ford puma so I bought their old tyres, I suspect they are standard ford issue tyres so may be an OEM only grade.

yeah, there's a normal one and the Powergy one, the latter being much worse.

"P6000's, introducing you to the local community (farmers) since 1995...."

RobMGti

P6000's are not named 'Ditchfinders' on numerous forums for no reason.

From my experience (2 of my 205's came with them on) they are dangerous :s

T1-S - A great tyre, purchased numerous sets. Good in the dry, very good in the wet. Low life rating though, mine were lasting 5k max with 'spirited driving'

T1-R - Upgraded dry weather performace over the T1-S and similar in the wet. My last set on a 205 lasted approx 6400 miles.

Eagle F1's - Many people seem to agree they are the current 'champ', personally i think they are exellent on heavier cars (CTR, LCR, GTi6 etc) but for the money id stick to Toyo's on a 205 (especially a stripped one) Mind you with MyTyres shipping them out so cheap id certainly consider them.

Rob

petesy71

after just having my wheels refurbed i ditched the continental premium contacts with no tread left(but still felt fine to drive), put new bridgestone re720's on the back and the p6000's onto the front(about 5mm tread left), and i have to agree with previous posts-they are dangerous and utterly crap. even driving on a straight a road my front wheels felt like they were moving all over the place and i had no confidence in braking hard.i will replace these as soon as funds allow.

Sign in to follow this