• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Pirelli P6000

welshpug

but how do people rate the Pirelli P6000? just looked at prices for 185 55 15 and the only tyre thats cheaper that i'd consider is the falken Z512, toyo's are a good tenner more, and the cheapest yoko about £80

TEKNOPUG

Rubbish. Get some Eagle F1's 195/50/15 for £45.

185/55/15 are expensive because there is low demand for that size.

Faz85
but how do people rate the Pirelli P6000? just looked at prices for 185 55 15 and the only tyre thats cheaper that i'd consider is the falken Z512, toyo's are a good tenner more, and the cheapest yoko about £80

well im on P6000's at the moment, but had toyos previously. Personally i would rather pay a tenner more for the toyos...a very good all round tyre in my opinion.

Faz

Bonzai

pair of goodyear eagles in 195/50/15 fitted at atlas tyres (near sherman theatre) was £95 t'other day

bales

Well i'm going to buck the trend, I am on 185/55 p6000 and I like them. They dont offer the same outright grip as the others but staying with the 185/55 size I think gives better steering feel and it breaks away really progressively cos of the taller sidewalls. I like them as you always know exactly how much grip you have left.

Crap in the wet though, I dont know whether my engine has suddenly developed 20 more bhp but every corner now in secong gear regardless of how tight I just spin a wheel in the wet even at low speeds. Could probably be due to my worn front tyres though and greasy roads :)

PumaRacing
but how do people rate the Pirelli P6000?

s*ite bordering on very very dangerous when they get part worn. Mine were ok when they were new and then lost all damp weather grip as the tread wore down and I do mean all. Damp greasy winter roads felt like driving on ice. I could go into a corner at milkfloat speed and still lose the front end. Even driving in a straight line was dangerous because you daren't brake hard if someone pulled out in front of you. I remember one drive on a damp straight road when I started drifting towards the kerb just because of the camber of the road overcoming the grip of the tyres. It was feckin scary. Buy anything else, even remoulds. Or even drive on the rims, you'll still have more grip than P6000's in the damp.

It was strange though. They were still fine in the bone dry or when it was really pissing down. Where they had no grip at all was when it was cold, damp and greasy but not actually raining.

Don't skimp on your tyres. I'd rather have a crap car on good tyres than a Veyron on bad ones. Stop going to the pub for a few weeks or buy cheaper condoms, even the ones with holes in the end, but don't buy cheap tyres. I have and I've regretted it every time.

Edited by PumaRacing

mareksio

Agreed, they are useless. I wouldn't trust one again even if it was made into a tyre swing.

Go to mytyres and order a set of F1s in 195/50/15, at £35 each with free postage they're a bargain!

pug_ham

Chuck em, I replaced a Fate ar32 that had a slow puncture with a nearly new one & I lost around 5mph cornering speed confidence on that wheel instantly (far to slidey). It only lasted less than 5k as well.:)

I've been considering the Falken ZE512's for replacement tyres when I get the STDT alloys refurbished soon & would be interested in any other peoples feedback. I think they placed quite well in an Auto-trader tyre test last year. :)

Graham.

ada205

I've currently got p6000's on my Mi, and they've held on well many a time when i've over done it a little! They were on the car when i got it though, and Toyo Proxes t1-r's will be replacing them when the time comes. Best grip in the dry, as good as F1's in the wet imo.

If you go 195's instead of 185's, Proxes are a couple of quid cheaper than p6000's from Mytyres :)

welshpug

hmm, i hear all these my tyres quotes but you forget that i've actuallty got to get them fitted as well! so add another £15 each and youre onto blackcircles prices.

I want to get the 185 55 as thats what it was intended to have, and as a few of you have mentioned they give a bit more warning before letting go! not something i've found with my Firestones that have got a bit worse this week, but oddly theres still plenty of tread and it was letting go on the most ridiculous of corners and slow speeds :) fishtailing in front of a copper at 30mph in the middle of cardiff :)

kevcomdude

I have P6000 on mine and they gripped so much better than standard garage tyres I had on there before. They put alot more confidence and grip into my cornering.

Although I havent tried any others so this opinion is only based on switching from standard to P6000

mfield

Isn't there two grades of p6000 ?

jackherer
Isn't there two grades of p6000 ?

that would make sense as I have a set on my 205 and I think they are OK tyres, I've had toyos and eagle f1s and they aren't as good as them but they are not that much worse and certainly aren't dangerous as some people have said.

I only bought them because they were VERY cheap, someone was upgrading the alloys on a ford puma so I bought their old tyres, I suspect they are standard ford issue tyres so may be an OEM only grade.

Bonzai
hmm, i hear all these my tyres quotes but you forget that i've actuallty got to get them fitted as well! so add another £15 each and youre onto blackcircles prices.

last time i has some fitted, it was £5 per wheel at dalcross tyres and £10 per wheel at cardiff tyres. They are cheap, however i dont like the people there hence i went to atlas and paid a little bit more

feb

I have only heard bad things about them.

Get some Bridgestone's RE0720

Don't economise on tyres, they are your last contact with the road.

Edited by feb

Dream Weaver

I'm also bucking the trend, i've run P6000's for years now and always rated them, I also ran Yoko 539's on my old GTI and they were very good.

I will be trying some F1's when these are worn though.

As for prices, go to ational Tyres and quote the price you've been given on mytyres etc and they will match it or get very close fitted. I had 2 P6000's on our old Focus and I think it was £10 more to have National fit them, over buying them from mytyres and getting them fitted at ATS.

Alastairh

Tried and tested P6000 and there crap.

Eagles, proxies etc are always a safe bet - (have f1s on my 205).

mfield
I only bought them because they were VERY cheap, someone was upgrading the alloys on a ford puma so I bought their old tyres, I suspect they are standard ford issue tyres so may be an OEM only grade.

Funny you should say that but i had a set off of a puma aswell and never had the dangerous side effects people mention. A friends missus has a puma and say's that it's supposed to have a different kind of p6000 fitted :)

They seemed about the same as toyo proxies tbh

DaveW

P6000's are only good for going sideways :)

welshpug

thats curious that theres 2 qualities of P6000, as I saw H rated and V rated listed, £53 and £64 fitted. (at Atlas Tyres via blackcircles BTW Bonzai, used them before and I've been happy with their service, atlas that is)

I wont be skimping on them, else i'd have got some £30 ones! I'm budgeting about £50-55 fitted.

Sandy

I've not long had P6000's on the Trio (185/60/14) and they're crap frankly, crap grip, crap roly poly sidewalls, crap road noise, crap feedback. Crap! I only got them because a friend was able to do them at a good price. I also think Toyo T1R's are crap for grip, break away, tramlining and feedback, but if you haven't had better you probably wouldn't know what I mean!

Bridgestone RE720's have been superb IME (185/60/14 (NLA) and 185/55/15 once scrubbed in) on my 205 and 309's, as have the brilliant Conti sportcontacts (185/50/14 and 205/45/16) they are now superceded by sportcontact2's, which were very good on my Accord; by the originals are still widely available. Sadly the RE720's aren't.

C_W

They're a very common OE fitment but they are pretty hard and long lasting which is probably why we're not finding them that great.

jackherer

mine certainly aren't long lasting, they're going down as fast as F1s!

pug_ham

I was looking through ebay earlier & I found some Falken ZE512's in 185-60/14 for ~£23 each which is almost half the price of mytyres or blackcircles (when they list them) & I also found Toyo T1S' for £30.50 each in 195-50/15 from topgear.

Graham.

24seven

What's the general opinion on Toyo T1-S's in 195/50/15 (apart from looking good). Bought my car with them fitted.

Sign in to follow this