• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Carb's

dodsworth_gti

mines on carbs but with a standard zorst but is over fueling silly,she pops now and then,best/weirdest one was onethe way back from fcs when i pulled into a petty staition,turned the car off,was about to put fuel in when it made the loudest bang i have ever heard!!!,possibly even as loud as a wrc cossie changing gear with antilag on thats about 6 foot away from you(which is f**king loud)

tom_m

i found a dirty air filter and a hole in the exhaust caused my f-reg to overfuel and pop the occaisional flame! :rolleyes:

d-9
from my tuning attempts to perfect the 'bang'

i have discovered that less fuel means no constant banging, but it will bang on command by prodding the gas pedal, which i do in that video.

Increase the fuelling and it will crackle a bit like anti lag.

On overrun from 7k down to about 4k you get a whumpfh, then whoosing noise then another whumpf. This is the rather large flame starting then extinguishing, its not as noisy but looks cool at night

You are SUCH a rude boy :wacko:

I had a play with mine, giving it lots of juice, 2000-8000rpm @ 0 throttle, gave mostly fire, but no big pops like i wanted. I'll try leaning it out a bit and seeing what happens.

I suspect that my blowing exhaust doesnt really help! I also think its blowing more than before.

Bono

if you want gunshots set the advance to 0 and fuel to the smallest amount possible thats not 0 (usually 1 :wacko:)

then as its decelerating just lightly tap the throttle.

for continued popping/crackling increase the fuel slightly, i also found increasing the advance to about 5degrees helped.

d-9

You going to donny mate? any chance you could have a look at my map after a few beers...i mean in exchange for a few beers :wacko:

Bono

i think i am :wacko:

and i sure can

Sign in to follow this