• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkdave

[track_prep] Latest Pics Of My Laser Green 205 Rally Car

Edp

Looks like a top job. Lovely colour too.

Good work!!

yorkdave

in response to "where from and how much" it was made in my dad's shed by me! used the original pedal box and cut the guts out of it and welded a 3mm steel plate over the hole, cut holes for two master cylinders (about £50 each, but could get them cheaper), then used a pivot kit from demon tweeks (about £40, although would make my own using a spherical bearing next time) then just sort of welded it up, i used no special tools just a welder, hand held drill and a round file. any one could make one i reckon. it is however totally untested so i will let you know how it turns out. on the plus side it did bleed up fine and they seem to work when we push the car around the yard. hoping to put the engine tomorrow and be running by monday!

Alastairh

Have you done some modifcations to the bulk head?

Or am i seeing things.

yorkdave

i have made the pedal box mounting double thickness to add strength as in my opinion, fantastic as the 205 is, it is made out of monkey metal! i have also cut out and made my own part around where the manifold will sit.

base-1

I like Laser Green, your car looks brilliant mate, well done for doing it properly!

yorkdave
Guest rick03054

Looking good! :rolleyes:

What was the inspiration for that rocker cover?

Edited by rick03054

yorkdave

they had the covering in stock and i thought it would look cool! i reckon i was right!

hexhamstu

i love the rocker cover. certainly something different!

jonD6B

I wasn't originally sure about the colour but it's starting to look really good now it's being pieced back together.

sorr

Looking good.

Where did you get the rocker cover?

laser green 1.9

Looking better and better Dave. :blush:

Guest Tommy_106rallye

ye the rocker cover was done by my work !

i glad he got it done, took some talking into, it looks amazing and also individual !

returnofjim

That rocker cover is the craziest thing ever.

Brilliant! :D

travill

i want a crazy rocker cover!!!!

aw11_hgt

Nice machine - are you replacing the entire front end with new?? or did you want more airflow?? :ph34r:

yorkdave

i want the car to look totally standard so i have just refurbed everything on the front end. My mate had also found me an XLD badge for the boot. hehe! watch out jolly boyes she will be back soon!

if anyone wants a rocker cover or just about anything else done in any coating then you should contact Tommy_106rallye. it was him and his boss who did all the paint and coatings on my car and i would recommend them to every one, they really take pride in their work and do a fantastic job!

aw11_hgt

Thats what I like about the 205 - the parts are plentiful so to rebuild the front end isn't too damaging on the wallet! Should look pretty much showroom when finished.

yorkdave
pugpete1108

very nice , see you have still got a sterio , can you hear it??

also are they fishys on the cam cover? crazy B)

i see you have relocated your battery to the boot ,could you tell me where you earthed it too? and what guage cable was used? i tried to find this out the other day but no one really knew . any probs with fumes?

mine is about 2 years off being finished ;)

Dan Ingram

Looks like you've been a busy chap. Fantastic looking car, loving the rocker cover and the XLD badges B)

pugboyracer

Loving the fish! B)

t16ryan

very nice, what sorta power? engine mods?

ps get rid of stereo

yorkdave

you can just hear the tunes.

i used 35mm battery cable, the positive goes all the way to the starter motor and then has another link to the power box and alternator. The negative lead goes through a isolator switch in the dash then to the earth on the passenger side inner wing, then an earth strap to the top of the gearbox.

you can use thinner cable but i wanted to use the biggest possible to prevent voltage drop. also you can earth it to the boot floor beside the battery but a mate of mine who did had alot of trouble!

it went on the rollers at bogg brothers yesterday and got 155bhp at the wheels! all i really know is that it ripped a 180bhp leon turbo to bits today on a back road!