• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkdave

[track_prep] Latest Pics Of My Laser Green 205 Rally Car

yorkdave

good evening ladies and gentlemen, my 205 is finally back from the spray shop and i fitted the cage to her last nite, got next week off work to rebuild her so will try to put more pics up through the week.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/yorkdave/DSCF1155.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/yorkdave/DSCF1154.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/yorkdave/DSCF1153.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/yorkdave/DSCF1152.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/yorkdave/DSCF1151.jpg

let me know what you think.

smckeown

nice.

your putting in a cage AFTER painting the interior ?

so what have you got planned for the rest of the car ?

yorkdave

the cage is brand new from safety devices so was powered coated, didnt want that green so just welded the feet in before it went for spraying, spec of car is in my signature.

jonD6B

It wouldn't have been my first choice of colour but it looks nice. It will obviously look alot better when it's back together. All it needs after that is the usual idiot to open a door on it. :(

RHULPUG

Looking good! Any plans for the wheels....goodwood style speedlines?

Not sure about the dog though....assuming it's a Doberman that is!....had a row with one of them once:)

jonnie205

Quality

You done the right thing there by getting all the fabrication work done before getting it painted, thats the only way to go. We dummy build all our cars up so they are pretty much ready and then strip them bare to paint then build up again. There will always be bits to modify and remove otherwise which will ruin the paint. Looks like a challenge cage you got there, very good choice. Be worth getting a pukka set of sparco or recaro seats to finish of the interior

How much was the paint job if you dont mind me asking?

yorkdave

jond6b-didn't want to mess with the original colour cos i love it.

rhulpug- prob going to have the wheels black for show and road use, then a white set for track

jonnie205-spray job was abit over two grand, but up close you can tell it should have been alot more, my mate who did it spent a day in the engine bay with a dremel getting it right. they also seam sealed everything, fitted a new drivers side sill, welded up the B pillars and got a new bonnet. To me you get what you pay for and it is a faultless job. Just got the fun of putting it back together with out scratching it now!

jonnie205

Yeah thats about right. i paid that to have my last shell done

smckeown

£2k to spray a track car ? hmm i paid under half than that for inside and out plus cage. I mean it's just a track car at the end of the day

RHULPUG

Never seen a lazer green with white speedlines, but any dark ones on that colour will look great.

laser green 1.9

Hi Dave, looking good. Don't let the anti laser green lot put you off, they all know it's the best colour really. B) Sorry I didn't text you back, I was at work and my phone went dead. I had a walk over to your place at work a couple of weeks ago but didn't see anyone. :( I have a walk over again sometime when you get back to work.

Edited by laser green 1.9

yorkdave

sounds good mate, i will give you a text when she is back, will have to take you out for a scare!

Hilgie

looks good! thorough job as well...nice to see someone stripping everyting and painting the inside as well! well done B)

ALEX

Brings back memories.

Mine use to look like that at one point.

Only I stopped after the engine bay.

I posted a pic of it on here about 2 years ago.

Ill dig it out again for you.

I paid £600 for the engine bay, both wings, bonnet , headlight mounting brackets.

Top Job too.

Kitsune

Looking good. Should be picking up my 205 from the shop this week. Nothing special as track car, but will finally be all one colour!

Edited by Kitsune

credowan

Looking good mate keep us posted

Gary

yorkdave

got some more done today, would have got more done but had to do some work on my mates bent 306gti6, got fuel tank+loom+fuse box+pedal box in. off to bogg brothers tomorrow to collect my carbs, then should get all the brake system on in the afternoon. Oooo, sexy big 307 brakes!!!

roland rat

love the colour mate,think its the nicest colour besides miami blue(like my gti,lol :blush: )its beautiful mate shame to use it road the track tho imo.

C_W

Looks very nice. Laser green is one of my favourites too.

A18_RYU

its naked!!!!

very nice mate, totally agree with the whole, pay for what you get.

i've done my car quite budgetly and i totally regret it. if i cud go back iw ud get it done professionally in a garage as opposed to on ym driveway! (not talking of spraying btw...just mechanical stuff)

nice one, keep us updated!

Guest Tommy_106rallye

ye you defo get what you pay for in a spray job, me and my boss had over 70hours each in this car.

I've seen so many crap spray jobs done on a budget, at the end of the day if they can do a full inside and out job for £600-700 there using really cheap materials.

Few more pictures for you dave from todays work !

daves205.jpg

daves2052.jpg

daves2053.jpg

daves2054.jpg

daves2055.jpg

Edited by Tommy_106rallye

ada205
Hi Dave, looking good. Don't let the anti laser green lot put you off, they all know it's the best colour really. -_-

Well put. I've had just about every colour there is on the 205, and my Lazer definately get's more attention when out and about then any of my past car's, including a very clean Miami, though soppose it's down to personel taste at the end of the day. Alway's amazes me how many people ask who painted it, automatically assuming it's not a standard colour.

Cars looking very nice mate, looking forward to seeing the end result. Keep the updates coming.

A18_RYU
daves205.jpg

in this picture, the black bit under the heater area, is there anything behind it? i am asking because i may possibly need to cut it away for my additional dials, i like to know whats going on with my car :D

pug_life

good work that man :D

lovely colour tbh and i think thats a cracking job :D

nice pedal box as well... care to divuldge where and how much :D

Guest Tommy_106rallye
good work that man :D

lovely colour tbh and i think thats a cracking job :D

nice pedal box as well... care to divuldge where and how much :D

i believe the man himself made it, put im sure dave will give you all the details.