• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shine

[project] Upgrade On Shiny's 205 Gti

daza4

Thank you

"cybernck"

for posting the link that is great!!! and exactly what I wanted to see the master at work!!!!!

PS I like your videos of your current project on you tube!!!!

shine

Hi.

Thanx for all nice comments!

Re daza4: I was planning to join one event in Uk this year, but it crashed with one of the Gatebil event's here in Norway, (witch I 'm co working), so I had no chance. Hope for something in 08. The "frensh" interest here in Norway is not much to talk about, so it would be interesting to visit one of the major frensh events in Uk. ;)

Espen

pete1986

That looks stunning.

Loving the wheels and the front spoiler gives it a mean stance. Where did you get it espen?

shine
That looks stunning.

Loving the wheels and the front spoiler gives it a mean stance. Where did you get it espen?

Front spoiler was a "bag of pieces" when I got it for free. Looks ok now, but it will never be 100%. As I know it's a pre production of a Zender unit from mid 80's.

pete1986

So the chances of me getting one similar are slim to none? :)

Iv had a look on zender's web site, absolutly sh*t all for the 205! Nothing like it on eccosse either.

Its the best front spoiler iv ever seen for a 205 IMO. Anyone know where i could get one or something similar?

taylorspug

Wasnt someone doing copies of the Zender front valance on this forum? It was a while back but im sure it was a guy from the continent. Have a search, something should come up. :)

sonofsam

I think the ony place your likely to find one now is ebay, thats where I picked up mine.

It was called a Peugeot sport kit and came with sideskirts and rear valance to match.

Mine looked like this when I picked it up:

DVC012881.jpg

Have now cut those grilles out in homage to shinyracing car :P

Keep up the good work Espen :)

paul_portsmouth

this car is awesome is there thread on the original build ive had a look through the pics in your gallery but im hopeing to put twin webers on mine when i finally get it

shine

Hi

Made a mounting frame for the new battery today. Bottom;

DSCN3191.jpg

The rest;

DSCN3192.jpg

For my luck, battery fitted perfect;

DSCN3195.jpg

Have just grinded it for the final finish, and primed it. Painting black tomorrow.

Hope to do first testdrive this year on Sunday or Thuesday. Can't wait to hear the enging running again ;)

Espen

Gentrix

Hi Espen,

I don´t know, if it was mentioned elsewhere, but how did you figured out the Bolt&Thread sizes of all the Bolts, which you replaced in the enginebay? By try&error?

Must be a whole lot of them.

Do you still have a kind of shoppinglist left?

regards

andi

shine

Hi

As I disassembeled the whole car, I made a system with boxes for each size, and bought that numbers + a lot of spare ones.

Sorry, don't have the list anymore. A lot of stress in this period, and I threw to many things/papers.

Espen

Gentrix
I made a system with boxes for each size,

Yes, I bet this would have been the best idea, instead of throwing all Nuts and Bolts in one Box, like I did :blush:

Edited by Gentrix

matty_gti

How did u get your catch tank and things looking so shiny?!?!?, whats the secret?, because i just cant do it :D

Edited by matty_gti

24seven
How did u get your catch tank and things looking so shiny?!?!?, whats the secret?, because i just cant do it :(

industrial rumbling/polishing :)

shine
How did u get your catch tank and things looking so shiny?!?!?, whats the secret?, because i just cant do it :P

Lots of grinding and polishing. :P Usually I'm starting with 400 wet and work untill surface looks smooth without scratches. So 600, 800, 1000 and 1200 for finish. Always use wet grinding, as I personaly think it get smoother surface. So some hours with Autosol ( metal polishing paste) and a soft towel, and You have lost all your patience and got a mirror finish. :P

Espen

Guest lozza-pugboy

i saw the issue of frence performance car with this in it it looks/sounds amazing

matty_gti
Lots of grinding and polishing. :D Usually I'm starting with 400 wet and work untill surface looks smooth without scratches. So 600, 800, 1000 and 1200 for finish. Always use wet grinding, as I personaly think it get smoother surface. So some hours with Autosol ( metal polishing paste) and a soft towel, and You have lost all your patience and got a mirror finish. ;)

Espen

Haha, Sweet! :D

TeCh2pe

Hard work pays off! Very nice Espen! :lol:

matty_gti

Espen where did you get your wing mirrors from?, and do they have carbon bases?.

Thanks

shine
Espen where did you get your wing mirrors from?, and do they have carbon bases?.

Thanks

Bought them witn no box/part id, but should be a copy of 2003 Formula mirrors.

The bases are made of carbon by myself. I think APR have some similar mirrors in their list.

Espen

Guest Frittjoff

This car is just soo amacing! love it very nice work!!!

IanG Dorset

wow! Lovely car. Must be good as it is 2:15am on a sunday night and i am up reading about it

I am jealous of your ability and to own the such a car

Well done

Guest SeanGTI

What an absolutly truly outstanding car!!!! It looks brilliant!!!

Bet its sparkling!!

GREAT WORK!!

rickybiggs99

Oh my god i've just made my pants damp.That's amazin' :D