• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shine

[project] Upgrade On Shiny's 205 Gti

Guest Bjørn

Looks good!Gives me a push to start on my 205!

tom_m
I have a half decent scanner at home, send it over and i'll scan it and send it back

the mag will be out soon anyway if subscribers have got their copy all ready! tescos stock it :)

Spiky

that is awesome :), a credit to all your hard work

stunning :D

Discostu
stunning :D

that about sums it up :D

i love it, i'm so jealous :)

Rik

Where'd you get your fuel hose seperators from?

Rik

shine
Where'd you get your fuel hose seperators from?

Rik

Hello.

It's from Earls, partnr. EAR-167109. ( two 0,63"/AN6 holes, blue ).

There are several different sizes and red/blue or natural colour.

Only mod I've done to these ones, was to change the steelbolt to a metric gold coloured alu bolt. Looks nice to the blue colour :D

shiny_28.jpg

Espen

Dave87

Hi Espen very nice 205 i think i read somewhere in the french car article that your roll cage was connected to your rear beam. How did you go about conecting it to the beam welded or bolted?

Cheers Dave

Clarre

Congrats! Espen.

Nice work.

shine
Hi Espen very nice 205 i think i read somewhere in the french car article that your roll cage was connected to your rear beam. How did you go about conecting it to the beam welded or bolted?

Cheers Dave

When I fabricated the cage I welded plates in the chassis over rear mounts of beam, and welded a small tube in center of rear beam bolt. Then used this as the rear point of the cage, and welded a bar between the rear points. See pic:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/shi...ng/Bilde061.jpg

This should reduce flex in rear part of chassis.

Espen

shine

Here is a link to the feature of my 205 in November issue of Performance GTi-French Cars:

http://www.shinyracing.no/pdf/cover.pdf

http://www.shinyracing.no/pdf/page1.pdf

http://www.shinyracing.no/pdf/page2.pdf

http://www.shinyracing.no/pdf/page3.pdf

http://www.shinyracing.no/pdf/page4.pdf

http://www.shinyracing.no/pdf/page5.pdf

Or visit my page www.shinyracing.no.

A friend of mine is constructing a new layout on the site, and within 2 months it will contain all pics from building, trackdays I've been to, updates from the car everytime new thigs happens.

Espen :ph34r:

205freak

shine your car it´s an inspiration 4 all off us, you´ve built a beast.. :ph34r:

Dave87
When I fabricated the cage I welded plates in the chassis over rear mounts of beam, and welded a small tube in center of rear beam bolt. Then used this as the rear point of the cage, and welded a bar between the rear points. See pic:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/shi...ng/Bilde061.jpg

This should reduce flex in rear part of chassis.

Espen

cheers nice idea also What size fuel hoses did you get for you carbs.

Dave

shine

Fuel hose is AN6, (8,64mm flow).

Dave87

cheers for the help.

Dave

vtr_driver

Wonderful car!

Its so clean!! And the 8v engine looks immaculate!! Could eat your dinner off it!

Edited by vtr_driver

205freak

Espen when can we see a video off your car running??

shine
Espen when can we see a video off your car running??

I can ask the filmcrew from Gatebil, I think they got last race in Septenber on tape. Can see if they could make a short clip from that.

Espen

shine

A small update from my garage. Got some more Earls fittings from Summit, USA. I'm making a new catch tank for oil and a new oilfiller. Bilde163.jpg

Here are some parts ready to be welded;

mars3.jpg

After too may hours of polishing it starts looking nice :rolleyes:

mars11.jpg

I started making a new "distributor block" for coolant water. The std one is cast alu, and walls are too thin to make threads for AN nippels. And I like spending time with detail so...

mars4.jpg

mars7.jpg

mars8.jpg

mars9.jpg

mars10.jpg

Espen

johnrobertgordon

100% dedicated, your car deserves every award it will ever win, keep it up man! :rolleyes:

matty_gti
100% dedicated, your car deserves every award it will ever win, keep it up man! :rolleyes:

Amen to that!! B)

djinuk

out of interest would you ever make the shiny parts you do for your car for other members obviosuly at a price

shine
out of interest would you ever make the shiny parts you do for your car for other members obviosuly at a price

I 've never thought of that situation. The reason is that I 'm not a professional, or do not have any mechanical education. Every time I start at a new thing, I have to try, somethimes failure and learn. As You see my skills is not cost effective to doing business.

But, thanks a lot for your interest :P

Espen

shine

Tried the new catchtank and oil filler yesterday. Only some small adjustments on the brackets, and everything is ok. Also made some new braided hoses with Earls fittings, personaly I think they are like jewelry in a engine bay ;) :

Garage2.jpg

Garage1.jpg

Also got a new battery, similar to Red top 30 and a polished fire warrior from Sparco.

batteri30.jpg

brannslukker.jpg

Today I'm working further on with the front spoiler, to repair some small damages and get the surface ready for paint.

Espen

daza4

I use this car as my inspiration.

I missed out on the magazine issue when you had the cover so actually asked for a back issue from the publishers. Was well worth the extra. WHAT A CAR!!!!!

The only thing I was a little disapointed with was there didnt seem to be any pics of the fabulous dash that they were on about?? any reasons why?

If not are there any pictures around of the finished article? I would be along a quite a few others here in the UK who would be very pleased to see the dash.

Are we likely to ever see this car in the flesh of the UK??? hope so!!!!

Top work and thanks for all the inspiration to get off my butt and work even harder at getting the little things right. I especially like the gold ali bolts in the hose clamps. only the concour guys and gals go for extra items like that!!!!

regards

Darren Gillam

timmsy19

ive seen some further pics of this somewhere on this site. cant find a link doing a search tho.