• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_101

Wishbone Bushes

boombang

If you buy them as a KIT, you get 4 bushes, all new nuts and bolts for about £17...

Parts number has been posted many times too.

3599 07

(it is even posted on this thread, with a link to the thread it originally was on!)

Edited by boombang

Alan_M

It is true that If you buy them as a kit, it works out pretty cheap for some reason.

I ordered two kits thinking that you need one for each side, and ended up having to wait a couple of weeks for them to come in from Pug France and Pug in Russia!?!?!

Anyways, beware of poly bushes. I've just fitted a secnd set to new 309 wishbones and the turn-in went a little strange. It may not be the bushes, but someone on here has had similar issues with them so I shall be reverting back to Pug ones from now on.

By the sounds of it, I'd better get in there quick then if they are running out of stock.

Simes
Just been into my local dealers and the bush kit (part 3599 09 on here) is apparently no longer available and even if it was it was £30!!! So I enquired about the bushes and they were approx £8 each + VAT and you need 4, so it was £40 for 2 x 3523 23 and 2 x 3523 31.

Am I asking for gold plated ones by accident?!! Anyone found a cheaper supplier that are of decent quality?

Nope, I bought them all separately and spent that much....then read a thread on here about two weeks later about the 'kit' so bought them too!

EDIT....lol it was this thread, I've just seen my response!

Edited by Simes

Butler

Poly bushes were fine in my car for 3 years and 40,000miles.

GSF ones lasted 6 weeks.

I assume the pug ones are fine though.

Edited by Butler

hengti

in further defence of poly bushes, the Powerflex ones i used on mine were also fine. they looked no different two years on to how they'd looked immediately after installation

i think they just need fitting properly using copper grease and care in tightening the arm bolts when the car's on the ground

they're still expensive though and feel no different to standard bushes IMO. i'd go std every time for that reason alone

Sign in to follow this