• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_101

Wishbone Bushes

Pug_101

Hi all, this is my first post.

I am close to fitting some 309 GTi front wishbones to my 205 and although the bushes are ok, but I think I will get some new replacements.

I will go for uprated types rubber or Polyurethane and wish to know which are the best ones for road use?

I have looked at Polyurethane Bush suppliers and don't know which provide the best mix of performance,durability,cost and most importantly the least amount of noise/vibration.

Could you also tell me were the best place to get them from is.

Thanks

Paul

tagy

I got the polyrace ones from Rally Design, quite hard, you can feel the difference.

hengti

i've got powerflex ones on mine - they don't feel any different to std imo (although they cost alot more!)

p'flex claim that they last longer than std bushes (and mine have been fine so far), but some people have found that they don't

if you're after performance, i guess you'd have to go for something that's going to be harded than std (or powerflex) and which is going to introduce some vibration

from the impression you've given, i'd have thought std bushes would be best

Jonmurgie

Maybe these are some bushes that Baker BM could make for 205 owners? Wishbone and ARB bushes :wacko:

Stu?

Anthony

Standard bushes from Peugeot are pretty cheap - £15 for two pairs (ie both wishbones) and the nuts/bolts :wacko:

Pug_101
Standard bushes from Peugeot are pretty cheap - £15 for two pairs (ie both wishbones) and the nuts/bolts :wacko:

Are these the uprated type (ie: more steel less rubber) or are they standard fit.

They sure are cheap though.

Looking at £50 so far for poly bush type.

Thanks

Dino

Forget poly bushes - I've got through 2 sets in a year. Biggest waste of money. Buy some standard ones, the car will feel exactly the same and the suspension will be quieter.

Anthony
Are these the uprated type (ie: more steel less rubber) or are they standard fit.

They sure are cheap though.

They're the original ones the cars came with when new and seem to last well.

Pug_101
They're the original ones the cars came with when new and seem to last well.

I am favouring the rubber type just to keep the rattles down :blink:

Car already handles well as is, so maybe poly bushes is overkill especially when I still plan to lower the car and have the 309 bits fitted.

Thanks for all the replies.

pacey205

Standard pug bushes are poly from what I remeber not rubber and as everyone has said seem to last alot longer whilst still givin the same end result as powerflex or similar.

Michael

Anthony
Standard pug bushes are poly from what I remeber not rubber and as everyone has said seem to last alot longer whilst still givin the same end result as powerflex or similar.

I think you're thinking of the ARB bushes that are poly as standard - the OE wishbone bushes are definately rubber.

pacey205

Your right I am, ignore me :blink:

Michael

Miles

Standard are fine, You should find the balljoint fails long before the bushes

Pug_101
Standard are fine, You should find the balljoint fails long before the bushes

Yes one ball joint is showing a touch of wear, still think it's got quite a few miles in it though.

Had a good look at the bushes fitted already and think I might put them on and see how they feel with the aim of replacing them all later in the year (or next week if there past it) especially as I might need a replacement wishbone. these come with fitted bushes don't they.

After receiving all your advice I will be going with the standard peugeot ones when I do

What's the deal with the balljoint being unreplaceable?

Are they press fitted or something?

There are 1001 balljoints out there surely something must work as a replacement.

Thanks

Henry Yorke
Standard bushes from Peugeot are pretty cheap - £15 for two pairs (ie both wishbones) and the nuts/bolts :)

Just been into my local dealers and the bush kit (part 3599 09 on here) is apparently no longer available and even if it was it was £30!!! So I enquired about the bushes and they were approx £8 each + VAT and you need 4, so it was £40 for 2 x 3523 23 and 2 x 3523 31.

Am I asking for gold plated ones by accident?!! Anyone found a cheaper supplier that are of decent quality?

Anthony

They were available next-day as of a couple of months back when I ordered some and were definately circa £15 odd - maybe I ought to get another set as spares if they're becoming hard to obtain?

Simes

Bollocks, I've just seen this thread,

ordered and paid for 4 bushes earlier at £35 including PSOOC discount. :)

Wurzel

Something I found a couple of years back was the sort of bushes available.

I fitted bushes from German Swedish and French to a set of wishbones I had on the car (205 sort). I then had an altercation with a kerb on an icy road. One of the 'new' bushes was fecked so I needed a replacement pronto.

Cutting the old one so I could burn it out with a blow torch, I noticed it was made using a metal outer, rubber sandwhich and metal inner(bolt hole). Thought nothing of it at the time.

Later I got around to fitting 309 wishbones. The old bushes looked a little worn so decided to change them. GSF kept getting the order wrong so I bit the bullet and went to Pug. Cutting the old bushes out, I noticed they were made of a metal outer, then rubber sandwhich, an intermediate metal ring, another rubber sandwhich and then the metal inner(bolt hole).

Whether this is specific to 309 wishbone bushes I'm not sure as I haven't cut any more up. I know that there are a few people out there who remove bushes the same way as me so maybe they have come across similar?

C_W

I always find its the front bush (the smaller one) that goes on all my wishbones. What is the part no. for this one?

Pug_101

I am finally putting the wishbones on this Sunday (got a football team to support on Saturday :) ) and I might not be able to think too straight on the day :P , so has anyone got any tips thay would like to share please.

One question I would like answered is when the driveshafts are taken out if the car is jacked up from one side will that stop the gearbox fluid from coming out all over my drive?

Thanks

Guest smokinslim

Unfortunately not mate, but you shouldn't need to take them out if your just replacing the wishbone bushes.

Cutting the old bushes out, I noticed they were made of a metal outer, then rubber sandwhich, an intermediate metal ring, another rubber sandwhich and then the metal inner(bolt hole).

Whether this is specific to 309 wishbone bushes I'm not sure as I haven't cut any more up. I know that there are a few people out there who remove bushes the same way as me so maybe they have come across similar?

Found the same with some if not all of the bushes in my track arms, one arm was pug original, the other came from linco if i remember right.

Pug_101

I am fitting 309 GTi wishbones, therefore the driveshaft question.

I need to drain the gearbox first then?

Thanks

Unfortunately not mate, but you shouldn't need to take them out if your just replacing the wishbone bushes.

Found the same with some if not all of the bushes in my track arms, one arm was pug original, the other came from linco if i remember right.

Guest smokinslim

You can, or just place a tray beneath the diff casing before you remove the driveshafts. Can be a little messier but saves a couple of mins

yorkshirekowboy
Standard bushes from Peugeot are pretty cheap - £15 for two pairs (ie both wishbones) and the nuts/bolts :(

well mate dont know which pug dealers you went to, i payed 9.78, for one bush, the smaller one 7.60 something for the other side so for one wishbone so like 19 quid for a set for one wishbone!!!! and excluding bolts and nuts!!!! :D

Sign in to follow this