• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

1.9 Mods

PUGugly

How does the Mi engine respond to bike carbs? as well as the 205?

RobMGti
How does the Mi engine respond to bike carbs? as well as the 205?

They respond as well as any engine depending on how they are setup. Get it done by someone who knows what they are doing and you should be looking at 15bhp increase minimum.

Rob

veloce200

The only sensible way to compare 8v to 16v tuning routes is to assume you rebuild both engines. I know I'd rather have a £1000 rebuilt and tuned 8v than a smoky old ebay special MI16 with 90,000 miles on for the same amount INSTALLED. So I think it does all come down to budget.

Of course 16v are always better than 8v and I would go the MI route were it not for the fact of costs for rebuilds which are MUCH higher than 8v. Also if you really want the MI to outgun the 8v (£ for £ including cost of buying rebuilding AND installing) you need to consider solid lifters and this is a truck load of money along with two cams and 16 valves. It's possible to build a fairly firebreathing 8v on the std manifolds with a good cam and head, bigger injectors and a KMS or Emerald ECU to ditch the AFM and associated plumbing. The power delivery on an 8v with a hot cam will be 16valve like anyway.

it does all hinge on use and budget. The thing that is nice about the 8v for road use is the way the engine works so well with the long but close gears. Use less than 5k and you still feel like you are flying.

Sign in to follow this