• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Rear Drums

pug_ham

Pugs are same as Ford at 108pcd.

Graham.

wildejon

It's true, you learn something everyday! Ta mate

Guest CB-Dave

just a stupid question but you have made sure the handbrake isn't "on" haven't you?

wildejon

Yep!

Got the drums off today, the actual fault was that the hinged lever that operates the handbrake adjuster had sheared and landed in the bottom of the drum along with the spring it attaches too. Kinda explains why the brakes were acting rather strangely... The other side had a completely buggered wheel bearing and the shoes had worn all along their edges as well as the faces, not exactly great.

I had to replace everything inside both in the end, leaky cylinders too. It's all sorted though, got the handbrake adjusters on order, getting them monday. Thanks for your help everyone!

btw, does anyone know where to find some pics of the finished drums? I saw them on here a while back as someone had put a link on here, cant find them now.

Jon

smckeown

here's before and after when i did Gav's

drum_before.jpg

drum_after.jpg

Get a wire brush in there and get rid of all that surface rust etc

Edited by smckeown

wildejon

Thats what I was after, cheers. I was messing about with the old handbrake adjuster yesterday, couldn't seem to fit the end thats on the right in the photo back in. Looking at the photo, I think I had the end part around the wrong way. That helps immensely. Thanks

I got some of that brake cleaner spray btw, worked really well! I'm finally a happy bunny.

Jon

Rippthrough
here's before and after when i did Gav's

Get a wire brush in there and get rid of all that surface rust etc

I've got those axle stands :)

Sign in to follow this