• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Pug 405 V6?

allanallen

any idea what the major obsticles are?

whats the wireing like?

what gearbox, driveshafts do you use?

are the engine mounts the same?

thanks dudes

boldy205

oh sounds like fun! something a bit differant for a change, jer309 is concidering this conversion at the mo, will ask him to post if he knows anything. good luck.

cybernck

i think you first have to decide what V6 engine are you going to use,

but i'm guessing it's the 406 one (either 190 or 210 bhp) rather than

old 605 engines?

i was actually thinking about this yesterday and i think that 405 V6

would be a nice car :).

Ahl

Have a look at jerams 309 v6 thread for some ideas.

The 405 is very similar, but with a larger engine bay. Not a straight drop in conversion, but it shouldn't be too hard.

allanallen

i thought id try it to get the 405 upto date.

make it abit like an audi a6 big and comfy but with a meaty engine

i was thinking 406 v6, as per bhp which ever is easyer to find really!

d-9

Whats the point? just buy an audi!

Martin@PRD

Just a thought....

Why not a 405 v6 4x4 using T16 4x4 running gear??

Hilgie

In fact the is a possibility if you swap the bellhousing from the V6 ML5T gearbox onto the 405T16 ME5K gearbox.

A 405 V6 has already been built a few times. A good example is this one:

http://membres.lycos.fr/mecayoyo/

http://membres.lycos.fr/mecayoyo/129.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/mecayoyo/125.jpg

The paintjob is horrific but otherwise a good V6 conversion.

any idea what the major obsticles are?

whats the wireing like?

what gearbox, driveshafts do you use?

are the engine mounts the same?

thanks dudes

And your questions:

- upper enginemount, hydrolic clutch, cable operated gearstick

- wiring can be done...nothing more difficult that a 2.0T conversion

- ML5T gearbox, shortened V6 driveshafts

- no

You're welcome!

Martin@PRD
In fact the is a possibility if you swap the bellhousing from the V6 ML5T gearbox onto the 405T16 ME5K gearbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the 2.0 8v turbo gearbox pattern was the same a the T16 one? If this is true then woulndnt T16 ME5k gearbox be a direct fit with v6? (6 bolt pattern same as 2.0 8v turbo)

boombang

Why not use a BE3 box modded to fit?

"simply" cut the end off and weld an adaptorized plate on

That way no messing about with driveshafts/hubs etc.

Hilgie
Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the 2.0 8v turbo gearbox pattern was the same a the T16 one? If this is true then woulndnt T16 ME5k gearbox be a direct fit with v6? (6 bolt pattern same as 2.0 8v turbo)

Yes, that's what you would think because both the V6 and 2.0T share the same gearbox. However if you look at the parts CD you will notice that they have different partnumbers. This is caused by the bellhousing which is very different to that of the V6. Logically because the V6 engine was developped mostly by Renault and sits upright. The XU range sits under 30 degree angle. It took me some while to figure it out as well as I wanted to use the cable operated gearbox from a 2.0T on my V6 engine. This proved to be impossible due to the above reason.

Why not use a BE3 box modded to fit?

"simply" cut the end off and weld an adaptorized plate on

That way no messing about with driveshafts/hubs etc.

cut and shut eh ? won't work as the V6 clutch is very very large (in fact the largest clutch available on a Peugeot, 248mm) and won't fit inside the bellhousing of a BE box.

Martin@PRD
Yes, that's what you would think because both the V6 and 2.0T share the same gearbox. However if you look at the parts CD you will notice that they have different partnumbers. This is caused by the bellhousing which is very different to that of the V6. Logically because the V6 engine was developped mostly by Renault and sits upright. The XU range sits under 30 degree angle. It took me some while to figure it out as well as I wanted to use the cable operated gearbox from a 2.0T on my V6 engine. This proved to be impossible due to the above reason.

cut and shut eh ? won't work as the V6 clutch is very very large (in fact the largest clutch available on a Peugeot, 248mm) and won't fit inside the bellhousing of a BE box.

ahh.... engine angle :wacko: thought there would be a catch

thanks for clearing that up

KRISKARRERA
Whats the point? just buy an audi!
SHUT IT!
  • Like 2

Veero

Haha well said.

V6 in a 405 would be bad ass! :)

d-9

No seriously, why? Its a hell of a lot of effort to build a car that isnt going to be amazing at anything, whereas you could buy a 2.3 v6 audi for £2500 which would be a hell of a lot better built, have much better interior and generally not suffer from the s*iteness that old french cars do.

Im all in favour of french hot hatches as theyre the best bang per buck and out handle anything else, but for a big comfy car? whats the point, id rather buy something that has decent seats and soundproofing!

Rippthrough
No seriously, why? Its a hell of a lot of effort to build a car that isnt going to be amazing at anything, whereas you could buy a 2.3 v6 audi for £2500 which would be a hell of a lot better built, have much better interior and generally not suffer from the s*iteness that old french cars do.

Im all in favour of french hot hatches as theyre the best bang per buck and out handle anything else, but for a big comfy car? whats the point, id rather buy something that has decent seats and soundproofing!

405 mi16 has some of the best seats in any roadcar :)

aeinstein
No seriously, why? Its a hell of a lot of effort to build a car that isnt going to be amazing at anything, whereas you could buy a 2.3 v6 audi for £2500 which would be a hell of a lot better built,

why have i never heard of a 2.3 v6 audi?

i agree entirely on the buy an audi thing, (i already have!!) but the 90 and coupe had 2.3 straight 5, the a4/a6 had 2.4 v6, and £2500 would get a fairly average (read ropey!) s2. which is a 2.2 20v straight 5 turbo.

not as cool as a ur i know but would show a 405 mi16 a clean pair of heels and they are quattro...

al

TEKNOPUG
Just a thought....

Why not a 405 v6 4x4 using T16 4x4 running gear??

Is the running gear different to an Mi16 4x4?

It would be nice is it was easy to fit a V6 or XU10 turbo as there are all these Mi16 shells which have had their engines removed for 205's but are basically very competant sports saloons.

d-9
why have i never heard of a 2.3 v6 audi?

Because I meant the 2.8 :) My mate has just bought one, v6, leather, quattro in dark metallic blue/purple with huge alloys, looks like a real monster and can powerslide it in the pub car park :)

Dad owned a 405 from 2 years old til about 6 months ago, a TD limited edition that had the mi16 interior and all the toys and did well for the 180k or so he did in it, but after that time you could tell the soundproofing had turned to dust, the foam in the seats was shot and it generally felt like a cheap manufactord rep-mobile not a sports saloon...funny that!

Dont get me wrong, I like the 405mi and the pug v6 and if one came along at the right price Id definitly have one, but if i was looking for a big comfy fast car, I wouldnt buy a pug.

aeinstein
Because I meant the 2.8 :) My mate has just bought one, v6, leather, quattro in dark metallic blue/purple with huge alloys, looks like a real monster and can powerslide it in the pub car park :)

Dont get me wrong, I like the 405mi and the pug v6 and if one came along at the right price Id definitly have one, but if i was looking for a big comfy fast car, I wouldnt buy a pug.

cool, i was just being anal! lol

i gave my brother my audi 80 sport, 2.0 16v before xmas, (how nice am i?) and that was great fun but the v6 is so much torqier, they only have about 20bhp extra, but it feels massively different.

and then theres the whole quattro thing, that makes a different car of it again. fun for all the family!

al

Rippthrough
Because I meant the 2.8 :) My mate has just bought one, v6, leather, quattro in dark metallic blue/purple with huge alloys, looks like a real monster and can powerslide it in the pub car park :D

Dad owned a 405 from 2 years old til about 6 months ago, a TD limited edition that had the mi16 interior and all the toys and did well for the 180k or so he did in it, but after that time you could tell the soundproofing had turned to dust, the foam in the seats was shot and it generally felt like a cheap manufactord rep-mobile not a sports saloon...funny that!

Ours has no wear yet and it still original :)

allanallen

buy an audi?????

mmm yes then id be well individual????

duh

madmat

The 405 will easily out handle the audi of a similar year,when was the last time you heard ''fantastic handling'' and ''audi'' in the same sentence?(excluding early quattro models)

Anyway,i thought we all liked the idea of modified cars?

Good luck to him i say.

matt.

Rippthrough
The 405 will easily out handle the audi of a similar year,when was the last time you heard ''fantastic handling'' and ''audi'' in the same sentence?(excluding early quattro models)

Anyway,i thought we all liked the idea of modified cars?

Good luck to him i say.

matt.

I went from a quattro to the 405...as an upgrade....

aeinstein

i know this site is for pugs, but the 405 isn't a 205 (duh!) so i'll continue the audi, 405 theme.

my 80 sport was not quattro and was as well set up as can be when i sold it, and my 205mi16 driving mate was holding on to the dashboard at the speed i took it into some bends, and it even did that in the wet...

however, a standard 1.6 audi 80 compared to a well fettled anything is an appaling car.

as with any car, its the setup that makes it sweet handling.

the audi was very neutral in its behaviour, but the suspension steering and tyres gave more than adequate feedback, thus making it easier to drive on the limit.

if only it'd had a turbo! lol

al

Sign in to follow this