• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RHULPUG

Rev Counter Not Working.....

Jonmurgie
Emerald do one for their ECU (probably same required for Omex), you can download the wiring from their site.

Sorry to drag this back up but where is this wiring downloadable from the Emerald site, I can't spot it?!

Am going to see if the diode trick works with my setup as I kind of need the RPM's cause I don't know how far I can rev the car, plus when your getting noise checked at trackdays they ask you to hold the revs at 4k!

DrSeuss

I've looked into how various options work. IvarS posted the simplest method which is where you use the rev counter output to trigger a mosfet switch. This grounds a coil and you hook the rev counter up to the coil as it is on the 205.

Its the simplest method of getting around it without spending mega money. Spoox charging 70 quid is a piss take.

The other option is to convert the clocks themselves, this is the option i've chosen.

Revla
Sorry to drag this back up but where is this wiring downloadable from the Emerald site, I can't spot it?!

Am going to see if the diode trick works with my setup as I kind of need the RPM's cause I don't know how far I can rev the car, plus when your getting noise checked at trackdays they ask you to hold the revs at 4k!

Hi,

This was the wiring I was refering to:

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/M3DK_manual_v5.pdf

Not that it shows the rev counter convertor... ooops! It comes with the unit when you buy it from memory...

As for £70 from spoox.... I remember paying £35ish last year from there! :excl:

Cheers

Trev

Sign in to follow this