• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Banjo

What Colour?

Banjo

I was planning on respraying my car in the standard colour because its faded. but now i'm thinking of a complete colour change, but what should I go for? Would a non standard colour be harder to sell? Pics and suggestions please :o

Ben

Guest wessie
I was planning on respraying my car in the standard colour because its faded. but now i'm thinking of a complete colour change, but what should I go for? Would a non standard colour be harder to sell? Pics and suggestions please :o

Ben

Do you mean the Miami or Red (I'm guessing the red because they do fade - mine is more like orange now).

My .02p would be that if the car is in good original condition and you intend to keep it that way, then a non-standard colour may hurt future resale, as might anything too wacky (but I'm an old fart with quite conservate tastes).

If it isn't especially original, then go for whatever colour you like :D

Jonmurgie

Agreed... I don't believe there is any non-standard colour that will no affect the re-sale value of the car. TO be fair I'd just have it painted in the original colour cause it will look BY FAR the best :o

Banjo

Yes it's the red one, when I say colour change I dont me some gay flip paint I mean a nice colour like a darker deeper red or dark green ect.

The car wont have a standard engine but the bodywork and interior is, I was thinking of Audi Nimbus grey, it's like a shiny grey primer colour.

It's a clean straight car but it's kinda orange and that really lets it down.

edit; Jon have seen this one? What did you think of the orangey red?

Ben

Edited by Banjo

Redtop

Miami or cherry, both good colours. If it's an original and minter I would stick to them colours, but thats my opinion. It's your car you choice, but if it's non standard it would affect the resale. Do yuo not have to go and change the colour in the tax book as well? I think?

Banjo

Might just respray it a nice red then, hhmm, still not sure..

Ben

timmsy19

just a thought what about a goodwood colour??????

really not sure just a thought.( i get a head ache when i think :o:D )

pug_ham

Stick with a nice red.

Or white. :)

Graham.

Jonmurgie

Don't think I have seen the red you you've got... though many say you can't beat a nice shiney cherry red 205 GTi, so I'd stick with that TBH.

Also, unless you strip the car done to just the shell inside and out a colour change will always be obvious, if you have it done the standard colour then you don't need to worry about things so much and it will look 100% better IMO :)

Paintguy

I'd have to agree with Jon - I'm of the opinion that unless you do a colour change properly, and include the engine bay and boot areas etc, it always looks a bit of a bodge job, and will almost certainly devalue the car.

So personally I'd say stick with red. Although I'm not really a fan of the almost-orange original colour, and would have to consider something a bit more 'red'. Ferrari Rosso Corsa is a fine example, and since it's still a solid red colour, the difference to the underbonnet areas and such may not be too noticable.

pacey205

Id say stick with red to for the above mentioned reasons by Dino and Paintguy. I am slightly biased of course but I think my red one looks really good and I really like the shade of red as well.

img12523hp.jpg

Paintguy do you mean the Pug red is slightly orange when new ? Mine has been resprayed but is the same shade of red as it was before (bonnet and roof are orginal paint still) and I think its pretty red although I obviously dont have a painters eye.

Michael

Edited by pacey205

Woosey

if you want i can photoshop your car to pretty much any colour you can think of! :)

drop me a pm if you are intrested (free service ;))

Paintguy
Paintguy do you mean the Pug red is slightly orange when new ? l

It's all subjective of course, but I'd definitely say the original colour is well over to the orange side of red, a bit like BMW Hellrot, or VW Flash Red. Still a great colour, but I just prefer something a little deeper. :)

Banjo

I will be changing the engine soon so could spray the bay and it doesn't take much to whip the seats and bootlining etc out, so what colour do people reckon, still red and if so which red?

I must admit I think a proper red 205 looks lovely but just not the orangy red like paintgug said, maybe rossa red?

Ben

Edited by Banjo

jim205GTI

for my two pennys worth i would stick with red ...........as it does so look so nice on gti .... :(

if and when i get round to doing my "ahem" cherry orange i quite like the red which is on my xsi as that is a fairly solid red ;)

paul205mi16

British Racing Green!

feb

Red is nice but if you are going for a complete respray (including engine bay) how about ivory?

the colour the lancia delta integrale with the martini stickers came in? :)

it will be nice with some goodwood wheels.

i saw an alfa 156 in this colour today and it looked really good.

(p.s. in the photos it doesn't look good at all, you have to see the car in reality!)

richsmells

The Cti Red is a "redder" red than the Gti. It looks very nice indeed in a nice polished car.

Paintguy

There was a topic around some time ago, where pictures of a 205 in a deeper red were posted, and it looked fantastic. Can't for the life of me find it now, but maybe someone else can remember where/who it was. :(

notamondayfan

red does look good, and reg is the gti colour. i mean, look at the carpet, its fantastic in red! thats what my m8s 1st commented on when they got inside my gti (oh and also the really cool dial set up the gti has too)

sayin this tho, when i finally get round to spraying the dimma car, it will b a metalic gray, which i think will look the biz! currently its purple (girl owner before)!

jus go 4 what u want. if u want something unique, try a dark green, or a dark blue (with white decals, badge, etc).

pacey205

Is it the PPM one Paintguy, Ive got a picture but my internet must be getting raped by my housemate as it refuses to allow me to upload any pictures, once Ive kicked its ass Ill try and upload some.

Michael

pacey205

Internet is fully working again today so can post a picture up.

ppm20518px.th.jpg

or I found this one as well

20517va.th.jpg

Michael

Banjo

^^ Thats the same colour as they use on the 306 I think.

I've made my mind up, hopefully will be resprayed red

p10100162hn.jpg

After looking at that!

Ben

Edited by Banjo

Paintguy

It's hard to tell with the limitations of monitors/cameras etc, but those two do look like the later metalic red. It's used on all sorts of Pug/Cit models, called Rouge Lucifer or Diablo Red. Not the colour I was thinking of, but not bad.

That K plate looks mint!

jim205GTI

MMM the red on that k reg is lovely ................. ooo i want :(

thats the colour to go for .......... no other choice in it :(

Sign in to follow this